Saturday, July 3, 2010

Peachy Sweet


Good morning and happy Saturday to you! And if you are in the U. S., I hope your holiday weekend is off to a great start as we prepare to celebrate our country's birthday.

This week at Our Creative Corner we have a sketch challenge for you. I flipped it and took some liberties with the two stars on the end. I really wanted to use this Flourishes set and make a card for Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday challenge which is fruit inspired this week. This stamp is from the Peaches & Cherries set, which I absolutely LOVE! I have used the cherries stamp, but this is the first run for the peaches. I colored it with my Copics and I really like the way it colored up. The DP is from K&Co. and the CS is SU - Old Olive and Chocolate Chip. I used a Fiskar's boarder punch, some bead caps and peach colored shabby seam binding. It felt great making my favorite kind of card - shabby chic!

That's pretty much all the details for this card. Now I hope you will hop on over to Our Creative Corner to see the other beautiful work by our design team.

Thanks so much for starting your weekend off with me! I sincerely appreciate your comments and encouragement.
Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
City Crafter Challenge Blog - Shades of Green (hope it's green enough!)
Cute Card Thursday - Let's Get Fruity
Quirky Crafts - Ribbons
Sentimental Sundays - Encouragement and Support - Must include sentiment

27 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow this is truly a wonderful creation Linda the colours and detail is amazing so are those peaches a beautiful card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Christine said...

This is peachy keen!

Cor* said...

Totally scrumptious & so REAL!! Delicious card Linda!

Wendy J. said...

Linda, this is wonderful! Love the peaches! I totally love the little brads that you added! Have a great holiday weekend!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card Linda, the peach is good enough to eat and the detail and design is SO beautiful!!

Happy 4th of July ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the bow is stunning. The peaches look good enough to eat!

Sue said...

This is fabulous and love the details and richness.

Cor* said...

Your so sweet for giving me the heads up about the Sew Many Challenges win. I DID see that i won, I am in the process of posting it !! Thanks so much for keeping an eye out!!

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Linda love this and the bow well it is stunning. thanks for joining us at crafty catz and take care. Sue xx

Nancy in Iowa said...

This is yummy - the peaches, the ribbon - everything. It is just a total beauty.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Yummy card! Love that image you colored and love the matching seam binding too! Thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Faye said...

Looks good enough to eat, Linda. Peaches are so yummy and your card makes me hungry for some. This is a gorgeous work of art.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I love the colors on this card! A very pretty card.

Allison said...

gorgeous card
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

carol said...

oooh lovely pretty card, great distressing, thanks for joining in with Craftycatz, x carol

Lindsey said...

WOW! Great card and fantastic colours. Love the distressing and layout. Perfect! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

wow I love that bow & sentiment this card is lovely as is the distressing, good luck & thanksfor joining us at OSCC, Janet

Spyder said...

Gorgeous card Linda, 'real peachy' love your ribbon! Thank you for joining Quirk Craft's 'ribbon' challenge this week, hope to see you for next weeks sketch!!
(Lyn)

Beverly G said...

You got just the right effect on those peaches. Thanks for the wonderful comment, that's high praise from my sewing mentor.

cnelson said...

Gorgeous! LOVE those peaches and your fab distressing! thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Annika said...

Yum. Yum. Fab 'n fruity! And your bow is just...luscious!
Hugs
Annika

Suzanne C said...

Wow is that gorgeous! Love the peaches and the details are fab. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such a nice comment on my blog. :)

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! I love the peaches and all the details.

Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays challenge.

Simone said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the distressed edges!
Simone

Unknown said...

Oh wow Linda, such a pretty pretty card this is! I love the use of your colours, very nice indeed. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, I really enjoyed reading it. Take care, Ira

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the real vintage feel of the of this cards! Hugs Juls

Diane Gilbert said...

Linda this is BEAUTIFUL! Love the summer feel of this card, the peaches look good enough to eat!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com