Saturday, May 18, 2013

White Wedding

Hi all, I have to apologize because I meant to post this card on Thursday and completely forgot that I hadn't.  I made it for Rebecca's challenge over at Frilly and Funkie which is wedding white plus one color.  Rebecca says "The season of weddings is quickly approaching and our challenge is to produce a card or project that used white plus a color. Many couples are reaching for their favorite hues when planning their wedding celebrations and many brides are adopting colors along with white. For this weeks challenge at Frilly and Funkie, create a card or project with a wedding theme that uses white plus an additional color."

I didn't post it on Wednesday because I had two other posting going up that day and wanted to save this for another day.  Being an old fashioned, white wedding sort of girl, I wanted to stay mostly with white and used the Springtime texture fade to create the background then overlaid a white doily.  For my color, I started with one of the sweet baby pink Venise heart appliques that I sell in the boutique.  The rose resin fit perfectly in the center to pull everything together.  I added some gorgeous white Venise lace and then hand painted the white tri-bud appliqués to match the heart.  

The sentiment is from Tim Holtz's Simple Sayings stamp set, stamped on a Tattered Banners die cut.  I added a matching shabby seam binding bow and a stick pin to finish it off.  Very simple, but I thought it came out rather pretty.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!


These items used to make this card are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

9 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

So beautiful Linda. Love the lace and that resin flower. A real classic approach and so elegant. Hugs, Jenny x

Unknown said...

Very Pretty Linda! Hugs Frea

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful! This certainly spell "white wedding" all over! Classy and elegant and I love the combination of the lace the rose and the stickpin!

Lisa Minckler said...

I've been to the store this morning already and have had my eyes ogling those resin roses. It's gorgeous seeing it on this wedding card. The colors are refreshing, dainty and perfectly paired for the occasion. Beautiful make Linda and I'm glad you saved it for a special debut to show it off. :)
hugs to you,
Lisa x

Maryanne said...

This is so lovely, Linda! The stick pin is beautiful. Did you make it?

Redanne said...

So beautiful and elegant, I really love the pops of delicate pink and I adore that pin in the ribbon, it is gorgeous.

Words and Pictures said...

Elegant, pretty and so perfect for the theme!
Alison x

Pam said...

Stunning card! I love it!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So so so beautiful Linda...so elegant!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com