Sunday, May 26, 2013

Another White Wedding

I'm back today to share the card I  made for the Funkie side of Rebecca's Wedding White Plus One Color challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.  I didn't post it on Wednesday, the day of the challenge, because I had a post that day for the Artistic Outpost release of the wonderful new Boardwalk plate, which by the way it and all AO stamps are on sale this week at The Funkie Junkie Boutique for 15% off.  

For my card, I used the delightful new Cameo Frame M&S die coupled with the Sized Ovals M&S die to cut the opening.  I painted the die cut chipboard with Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint.  I found the vintage image of the wedding couple on the internet and resized it so it would fit the frame.  The background panel was white CS, stamped in Jet Black archival ink with several Tim Holtz stamp sets.  The flowers were all cut with the Tattered Flowers Decorative Strip die, white CS edged with Vintage Photo DI.  The leaves were also white CS, cut with an older Sizzlet die, sponged with Bundled Sage DI and edged with Vintage Photo, then clear embossed for a little texture.  I added some tulle to further the wedding theme.  The rusted metal hearts are from the boutique and Chit Chat stickers were used for the sentiment.  

That's it.  All the products used can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  Just click the thumbnail below to take you to the store listing.  

Thanks for stopping by - hope you are having a great weekend!  I am - my SIL, who is visiting us this week, and I did a 33 mile bike ride yesterday.  Here's a little pic - it was the Hawthorn Trail, a gorgeous paved nature trail built on an old unused rail bed.  



These products used to make this card are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:


10 comments:

Sophie said...

Eine traumhafte Hochzeitskarte, wunderschön.

Liebe Grüße von Sophie

2amscrapper said...

this is beautiful. I love those dies and the background paper

Lisa Minckler said...

The crackle frame seals the deal for me! I absolutely love these somber vintage wedding photographs...lol. You've truly married the Victorian elements with Shabby Chic so perfectly in this gorgeous card of celebration and union!
P.s. OMG...33 miles?????? That's awesome Linda!! Virtual high five :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love how you have showcased the wonderful photo. Talented artist and super energetic too, wow. Tracy x x

Rita said...

Hi Linda, what a truly beautiful card. The setting is lovely and only enhances the photograph. TFS. Hugs Rita

Astrid Maclean said...

Beautiful card, love the addition of the rusty hard, oh and well done on that bike ride, that is no mean feat!!

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning make, Linda - the crackle on the frame is gorgeous! And also very admiring of the bike ride - looks beautiful there!
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Great pic of you...way to be active!!! Love your card...the frame is just gorgeous!

Beverly Sager said...

Absolutely luscious!

Hettie said...

Wow Linda. This is a fabulous card and love the crackling you have done. This would make a great centrepiece for a scrapbook layout!
Well done on the cycle ride. I wanted to get mine out on the weekend, but the weather turned to rain! Drat!
Hugs
xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com