Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Live Your Dream



Hello and thanks for coming back for Post #2 for today.  The 15th of the month will now be the day I post my once-a-month make for the new re-designed Our Creative Corner.  This is what I came up with for my first post on the new design team.  I'm not sure what you would call this style.  I set out for it to be Shabby Chic, using my Pion Design For Mother collection. But I don't think it's lacy enough for SC, humm, I wouldn't call it grunge though either.  Anyway, this is what you got!

I started with a square of the Pion paper and sponged and roughed up the edges with my fingernail, which has recently replaced scissors as my favorite distressing tool, one that I don't have to spend 10 minutes looking for when I want to use it :).  I cut piece of white CS and ran it though the Ornamental die and then ran that through the Rulers texture fade.  The sentiments are Wendy Vecchi stamps and the  small tags were cut with the Tiny Tags and Tabs die, stamped in Faded Jeans with the sentiment and also the floral filigree stamp from Artistic Outpost's Serenity plate.

The tape measure tape was too white and new so I scrunched it and sponged it with Vintage Photo.  The flowers were pre-made, left over from some other project and kicking around my desk as was the small felt heart.  I paired them up, stitched them together and put a tiny rhinestone in the corner, but it didn't sparkle good for the camera.

That's it for the deets on this one - pretty straightforward make this time.  Thanks so much for stopping by!








These supplies used to make this card are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.


14 comments:

Rita said...

How fabulous. I love your creation Linda. So very beautiful. Hugs Rita xx

Words and Pictures said...

I don't think it's shabby chic or grunge either - I think it's pure "Funkie Junkie" - and you don't get better than that!! Gorgeous creation with the delicate papers, lovely flower and completely delicious button and twine signature...
Alison xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Perfection!! Such a great combination of masculine and feminine elements into a unique style all your own! Great piece and such wonderful use of those divine papers!!

Julia S-W said...

A totally gorgeous creation Linda. I love how you've used the papers (wish I could do that!) and all the other elements just combine so perfectly to produce this wonderful piece. Using the Tim tags is inspirational with the button and twine. I have that die and you have got my brain turning with this idea!
Juliaxx

Brenda Brown said...

It's beautiful Linda.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Redanne said...

A truly stunning card Linda, I love the Pion papers, the stitching, the fabulous sentiment and the absolutely gorgeous flower and heart. Absolutely wonderful. Hugs, Anne x

Margie said...

It may be pretty straightforward to you Linda but I thinks its fab! I love the way you put everything together to produce such a unique and inspiring piece of work. Love, Margie xx

Marie said...

Gorgeous card with so many beautiful details.

Viktoriya Porechnaya said...

What a beautiful card!Love these vintage colors!

Jenny Marples said...

Positively gorgeous Linda. I love the style, the colours and the design on this one. Just perfect for the challenge. Hugs, Jenny x

Claudia N. said...

Love that stitching, Linda,

and all the wonderfully distressed edges! The papers you used are so beautiful and you put them together to transform them into something even more beautiful! Awesome!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Paper Profusion said...

Absolutely gorgeous Linda. Nicola x

Evelyn S. said...

Your creations are fabulous, Linda...I love the uniqueness of them all.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Simply gorgeous! So many elements to smile at...the heart, the ribbon, the flower, the button...all gorgeous in a beautiful design!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com