Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Good Times


Hi friends, I'm just back from my vacation in Key West and have a tag that I whipped up for the Funkie week for Trace's There's No Time to Waste challenge.  My time theme is all about what a great time we had in Key West plus I tried to work in some elements of Tim Holtz's May tag.  I haven't had a chance to play his challenges the last couple of months so I thought I would try to get started on that early this month.  Starting with one of the non-branded jumbo tags I sell at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, I made this tag as sort of a memorabilia for myself about our trip, including travel rub ons as well as some tickets and entry fee type rub ons too.  Choosing the hot tropical color palette of Key West,  I used Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade distress stain to color the tag.  Then I stamped a Tim Holtz music stamp over the entire tag in black archival.

The Tim Holtz Worn Text alpha stamps were used to create the Good Times sentiment, the Elegant Flourishes die cut a piece of corrugated cardboard and the flowers were cut with the Tattered Flowers decorative strip die from white CS.  They were sponged with Picked Raspberry, spritzed with water, crumpled, dried and layered together.



These products used to make this tag can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:


12 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Love this Linda. It screams of the enjoyment of your holiday and the vibrancy of those colours is wonderful. Hugs, Jenny x

Astrid Maclean said...

The bright colours seem to show just how much fun you had on this trip! Love all the different elements, stamping and embellishment and how you have combined them, - love it!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really cool make, love the elements against the vibrant background hugstrace x

Sophie said...

Ein fantastisches Tag, eine wunderschöne Arbeit.

Sophie x

barbarayaya62 said...

Really stunning! Love this color combo,it's very bright! Cool! BArbarayaya

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious vivid colours, and the rub-ons look fabulous! You're clearly full of life and colour after your musical break... I've just been on a big colour jag - it's all about to arrive on the site over the next couple of weeks - it must be the time of year!
Alison xx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous way to celebrate your holiday, sounds like you had a good time. Love the beautiful, vibrancy of this tag.
hugs {Brenda} x0x

Hettie said...

Great tag there Linda. Love the bright colours and the happy vibes it is giving!
xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a great tag, love the bright colors.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I see the Key West influence here...such a great tag. Welcome home!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Fab color, and all the wording is fun!!! Love this mix it up tag!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Linda ! I love the colours you've used and the stamping is fabulous ! Sue C x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com