Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Peek Through a Window


This week, Jenny is our host over at Frilly and Funkie and her challenge to us is "Holiday Destinations Through a Window".  We are to make something showing a favorite holiday destination and our creations must include a window.

I decided on Paris for my holiday destination.  I've never been there, but hope to go sometime.  I used the Artistic Outpost Paris Exposition set for my stamping.  This is a double tag.  I actually made a folded tag like I did last week, but ended up gluing it shut so it's really no different than a two layer tag, which a window cut in the front with a Movers and Shapers die.  I used Pion Design Fairytale of Spring striped paper so it would look like wall paper, but it looked a little boring so I also dry embossed that layer.  The stamped layer was sponged with Tattered Rose DI and edged with Walnut Stain.  I used the Eiffel Tower die to cut the Fleur di Les and embossed it with Eiffel Tower texture fade and sponged it with Vintage Photo.  A little vintage netting and a pink resin rose top off the fleur di les.  A little Eiffel Tower charm from my boutique and a shabby seam binding bow create a finishing touch.

That's it for this week's Frilly and Funkie make.  Be sure to stop by Frilly and Funkie to check out the rest of the team's holiday destinations.








These items used on this tag are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:







7 comments:

Sophie said...

Wunderschön romantisch :-)

Jenny Marples said...

Love this take on the theme Linda. Great idea to use the paper as wallpaper and what an amazing scene of Paris through your window. It looks like a really romantic break - I hope you get to go yourselves someday. Hugs, Jenny x

shari said...

Beautiful tag!!

Unknown said...

Wow Linda, love this great tag!! Have you seen my new Messy Mixed Media blog? I'm doing a candy nog, would love it if you would come and join in the fun! Here's the link:
http://messymixedmediabyfrea.blogspot.nl/
Hugs Frea

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

BEAUTIFUL Linda! I love the shape! The AO images are wonderful as are your colors!

Words and Pictures said...

What an enchanting tag... romantic, nostalgic (not sure whether Paris would be able to live up to this!). Gorgeous stamping - you've put that set right at the top of my wishlist!
Alison xx

Rosemary said...

You make such beautiful things, I don't stop over nearly often enough. Although, when I do, I get to catch up on lots of pretty things. No exception here, a really romantic and elegant tag!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com