Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Precious Time With Mom

Hello and welcome to my frilly make for the new Filly and Funkie challenge.  Trace is our host this fortnight and her challenge theme is No Time to Waste.  We are to create something with some sort of time element in it.  I chose to use the new Pocket Watch die from Tim Holtz.  I also use the Generation Redux plate from Artistic Outpost as well as For Mother designer paper from Pion Design.  The two women were stamped on white CS, masked and the music score from Ephemera Backgrounds was stamped over the piece and then the entire piece was sponged with Vintage Photo DI.  The Pocket Watch die with the largest of the three Sized Circles Movers and Shapers dies in the center were used to cut three pieces of chipboard.  The top layer for the set was run through the Springtime Backgrounds Texture Fade.  The chipboard was then layered/glued together, painted with gesso and, when dry, sponged with Victorian Velvet DI.  The leaves were cut from two different Sizzlet dies from white CS, dabbed with Bundled Sage DS and when dry, sponged with Vintage Photo DI.  

I also made a little strip of paper lace using the Vintage Lace decorative strip die.  It was also cut from white CS and sponged with Bundled Sage DI and edged with Vintage Photo DI.  Because distress inks work as embossing ink too, I sprinkled some clear embossing powder on the strip, flicked it off and then heat embossed it.  Resin flowers from The Funkie Junkie Boutique added as embellishments.  
I wanted to have a sweet Mother's Day sentiment added, but couldn't find one in my stamps so I created one on my computer and printed it out.  It says Day in and Day out...Mother, I love you all the time!  I used the Tiny Tabs and Tags die to cut it, stamped it in Coffee Archival Ink with the floral filigree stamp from the Artistic Outpost Serenity plate and then sponged it with Victorian Velvet DI.  A small scrap of rayon seam binding dyed with a splatter of Tattered Rose DS, a pretty wooden button and a bow of burlap string topped off the tag.  When I glued the pocket watch die cut to the card, I left a space with no glue so I could slide the tag in.  

That's it.  I hope you will stop by Frilly and Funkie to see the beautiful pieces the rest of the design team has to spark your mojo.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  



These products used to make this card are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

9 comments:

Terry said...

Hey there Linda, I am loving your precious Time project, wowwzerss loving the stamp you have played with and the Time Piece is just great, fabulous colours too....thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

Astrid Maclean said...

So beautiful! Those pretty Pion papers are just the perfect background to all the other elements, a great make!

Yvonne Garner said...

Just gorgeous! Enjoy your Time with your mom! Hugs, Yvonne

Words and Pictures said...

An absolutely enchanting card, Linda - beautiful embellishing around that fab AO image, and a wonderful tribute to mothers everywhere - including your own.
Alison x

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is a beautiful make hugs trace x

Brenda Brown said...

Just love the design Linda and the gorgeous elements you have used.
Hugs Brenda xox

Anonymous said...

Another absolutely Gorgeoua piece with such a wonderful meaning...

Terry said...

Today would be my Mom's 80th birthday, so this card is especially heartfelt for me! Linda, this is such a gorgeous card with so many lovely and perfect details! Hugs!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

B-U-T-FUL!!!!! I love the watch and roses!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com