Sunday, May 12, 2013

Family Ties



Hello!  I hope you are all having a great weekend.  I'm back with my weekly make for Artistic Outpost.  The Generation Redux plate is a new acquisition of mine and I've had this idea for a family photo triptych for awhile.  I started with chipboard cut with the Arch Frame die and then swiped them with several coats of Picket Fence Distress Stain.   When dry, I stamped randomly with stamps from the set in Coffee archival and then sponged the edges with Vintage Photo DI.  The family photos were stamped with Coffee Archival and trimmed out with deckle cut scissors and the photo corners were cut with the ATC card and corners die.  The piece is held together with the new Idea-ology hinges.  I colored the bronze filigree corners with silver alcohol ink fixative and then dry brushed then with just a touch of black acrylic paint to give them a more vintage feel.  The sentiment was created on my home computer and trimmed out by hand.  If you click on the photo it will open up large so you can see the details.  










The products below were used on this project and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique;

16 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really great , the hinges look fab! Lovethe hearts too.hugs trace x

Yvonne Garner said...

Absolute perfection in every little detail. Bravo!

Edna Siu said...

Beautiful and meaningful, totally good projects. I would like to make some for my families as well. Thanks.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning!! Great idea, wonderful stamping and I just love all the finishing touches. Those new hinges look so clever, and I love the treatment of the filigree corner pieces!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous project Linda ! I love the design and the hinges are fabulous (may need to investigate these!) Sue C x

Jenny Marples said...

Wow, wow, wow! Linda, you've done it again. This is fantastic - an heirloom piece. Love it. Hugs, Jenny x

Sophie said...

Eine fantastische Arbeit.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, love the corner treatments they work perfectly with this project!

Paper Profusion said...

A STUNNING piece Linda! Nicola x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, love this card Linda! Hugs Frea

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous design with the three arches.
hugs {Brenda} x0x

Redanne said...

Love the uniformity of this great project, the stamping is wonderful, love the hinges and the metal corners. A wonderful make Linda. x

Words and Pictures said...

I so love this, Linda (as I've already said at some length over at AO!)... wonderful filigree detailing, and those fab hinges together with those brilliant images: it all adds up to a really great make!
Alison x

Kate Yetter said...

This is lovely! I love that arch die. And the stamping & filigree adds a beautiful victorian touch.

Hettie said...

This is fabulous Linda. What a great idea and maybe use real photos printed in sepia!!
Hugs
xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful!!!! Love the triptich! These AO images are awesome as well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com