Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fishing Trip



Hi there, welcome to our monthly Artistic Outpost blog hop.  This month we are focusing on masculine projects.  Before I get into all the details, here is the hop line up.  We have such a talented design team this year and you are sure to be inspired by their work.  Please do stop by their blogs and leave them some love!
*Gerrie Lisa * Suzanne * Tracy Alison * Terry * Kate*

Now for the deets...the Keeper plate is one of my all-time Artistic Outpost favorites and I've always love this vintage stamp of the young man showing off his catch.  The rest of the stamps used here are from the Route 66 plate.

I had the tag already stained left over from another project.  I used it to absorb left over stains in colors Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade and a bit of Mustard Seed.  I added some sponging to the edges , first with Vintage Photo and then with Jet Black archival.  Then, using black archival, I stamped the images from Route 66.  I used the Baroque die to cut the corrugated cardboard and sponged the edges with Vintage Photo and then with black archival.  Then it was coated with Clear Rock Candy distress crackle paint.

I copied the style of Tim Holtz's Enameled Tags and made my own for the Route 66 tag.  The tag was cut from white CS with the Tiny Tabs and Tags die.  I stamped the Route 66 in Jet Black archival and using a toothpick, I applied small dots and dashes and edged it with black paint dabber and when dry, I gave it two coats of UTEE.
The fish are a stamp from the Keeper plate.  I wanted them to be multi-colored the way fish really are so I took a piece of acrylic packaging and applied alcohol ink, colors Stream, Meadow and Ginger.  When dry, I flipped it over and stamped fish using Jet Black archival.  When the ink dried, I fussy cut them out, poked a tiny hole in the mouth area of each one and put them on my "stringer" which I attached with one of the tiny screw eyes from Idea-ology.
I think the rest of the details are self explanatory, but if you have questions, please leave them in the comments and I'll update the post with the explanation.  All the products used are available in The Funkie Junkie Boutique (see thumbnails below).

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy the hop!


18 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

I adore the colours you've used on this Linda, and the thing that really excites me is that bunch of fish! So clever. Hugs, Jenny x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tag Linda, love love,how you have added the fish and the enamelled little plate is gorgeous. Fabu,ous design and colours. Tracy x

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous tag! THose fish are phenomenal and love how you put that detail on the enamel tag! I love that image too!

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant - completely love the fish - what a genius touch, and that's another plate you've brought to my attention and made me want desperately!! (Your Paris one put that straight at the top of my list.) - Wonderful tag!
Alison x

Dianne said...

I agree, BRILLIANT, the background and stamping is fantastic,the corrugated piece, just fabulous, and those fish are the bomb,love your burlap ribbon fabulous, and the chain with the route added just brilliant, thanks for sharing all your creativity.. Have a wonderful day..

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Linda, those fish are amazing! Love this gorgeous tag and what a smart idea to use the tiny one as your enameled piece.

Terry said...

Linda, I love this fishing tag! What you did with the caught fish is so darn clever! Love it!

Beverly Sager said...

I love this tag, Linda! Really cool techniques used - I especially like the little white tag - thought it was actually one of the metal ones! And thank you so much for reminding me of the alcohol ink on plastic technique - haven't thought about it in years and it is so fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Linda, love the little fish ! Sue C x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Always can't wait to see what you create.....and of course you didn't let me down! This is a fabulous piece Linda, colors, texture...look at those fish! mmmmmmmmmm luv it!

MagsB said...

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!!! I love the fish!

love Mags B x

Hettie said...

Great tag Linda. Those fish are BRILLIANT! Must remember that trick for the next card I make my Dad!
Hugs
xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous tag! Love the colors, embellies and how you created the fish!

Kate Yetter said...

Your background is fabulous! I love the teal and the burlap with the stitching. I also love your route 66 keychain.
Kate

Lisa Minckler said...

If you put the men in my family in a circle and threw this in the center of them, there would be a fight to the death for it....AWESOME job Linda. :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh those fish are just brilliant!!!! I love them! They are the stars of this tag for me! The colors are fabulous! So perfect for these AO images and theme! FUN tag!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh wow Linda, this tag is amazing. The fish are just incredible - thanks for sharing the technique I will definitely be trying that out! Your route 66 plate is equally amazing - who would ever know that it is paper - really awesome!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, Love your idea for the fishes, they look so real!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com