Wednesday, February 3, 2010

With Love, From Me to You


Last Wednesday, when I posted my guest design team card for the Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog, I thought my time with that team was over. But the lovely Nat, the blog owner, emailed me and asked me if I would like to join as a full time member. Of course, I said yes, and here I am with a weekly Wednesday post for Creative Inspirations. Here is my first card as a full fledged member of the design team. The challenge this week is Pink & Cream. It should have been a realitively easy challenge, right? NOT!! I had something in mind when I sat down to create and it just was not working out. This is the card that I struggled until 2 a.m. on the night before last. I had several lovely vintage Valentine images loaded with pinks. But my paper didn't match well with the pinks, I couldn't find any pink DP I was very excited about, tried doing several different elements with silver embossing, my desk was littered with rejected elements and cut paper. I finally found this MME DP in my stash but it didn't go well with the candy pink CS I had cut, so I ended up going with deep rose accents. When I made that decision, things finally started to fall into place.



Not too many supplies or tools on this one. As I said, the DP is MME, the cream CS is Very Vanilla and the rose is Rose Red. Dies used were Cuttlebug and Spellbinders, plus two CB embossing folders. If you want to know any specifics, leave me a question in the comments and I'll post a reply.

I hope you will stop over to the Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what my new team mates have designed for this week's Pink & Cream challenge. There are some really wonderful samples there. And while you're at it, stop by their blogs and get acquainted with my new teammies!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again for my next scheduled post on Saturday.


Challenges:
Raise the Bar - Old Paper
Pink Elephant - All About Pink - In Honor of Ella
Frosted Designs - Embossing Challenge
By the Cute & Girly - Love
The Corrosive Challenge - All You Need is Love
Cute Daisy May - Valentine's theme in pink and neutral






Update: This card was featured on Card of the Week.

24 comments:

Joseline said...

This is so beautiful Linda!!! I would keep you too!!! Your work on Vintage designs are just outstanding.

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Linda, BEAUTIFUL little work of art my dear friend!!!!
I am so gald you are with us full time!! LOVE YOUR ART WORK!!
Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Janiel

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful, Linda! Such an opulent, delicious Valentine! Congratulations on being a full-time DT member!

Hope your day is lovely!

Christine said...

Best Wishes! This card was worth your struggles!

Dianne said...

Another fabulous card!! It is a beautiful card. Congrats on being on the CI Team!!

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous Linda!! I will be back to check out more of your blog and vintage work (my favorite) but for now I must thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar! Hope to see you again next challenge!

Tasha said...

This is really something else Linda - its beautiful!
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on on becoming a permanent DT....definitely well deserved! Your vintage card is so pretty...I love the layout and the colors!

Torico said...

Absolutely beautiful Linda!

~*Joni said...

Linda this is so stunning! What a beautiful flair you have to your cards, with such flawless details. Wonderful job on this card, there's so many great elements that I just have to share your site with a friend. Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

jjcreations said...

This is beautiful!!!!!

brenda said...

Hi Linda

Wonderful Victoriana creation, so much interest and texture.

Thank you for sharing with us at By the Cute and Girly this month.

B x

Beryl said...

Well done for making it on to the DT. Your card is gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing it with us at By the Cute and Girly.
Beryl xx

Juls said...

wow this is gorgeous! Love the whole vintage look you have created! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G!

Barb Craft said...

This card is so beautiful! I love the vintage look of it! and congratulations on becoming part of the DT! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!
Barb

Cassie said...

yummy, scrummy, wonderful!

MiamiKel said...

Ohhhhh Linda, this is stunning! Such a gorgeous show stopper! Congrats on making full time Dt - I would keep you, too! Wonderful!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Linda!!! WOW!

blessings, Maria

pinky said...

Gorgeous piece of work, love the vintage pic and the gorgeous swirls, thanks for sharing at by the cute and girly.
Pinky

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a gorgeous, vintage creation -- just love it!!! Thanks much for linking to the Stamp Simply Challenge this week! So glad to have you join us!

Beverly G said...

Since I struggle with vintage, I'm an instant fan--this card is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for the nice comment and congrats on the full time team position.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

stunning and beautiful, a vintage victorian look, brimming with gorgeous detail.Thank you for sharing with us at By the Cute and Girly this month. janex

stephanne said...

The end result is exquisite, though it sounds like a lot of trial and error went into it, just getting a jump on supplies for the next project, right!! I love the hues you went with and your gorgeous image!! That bow and pin, ohhh goodness, I feel like I need to go shopping for those exact supplies now!! Wonderful work and I am so glad to have you with us at Creative Inspirations!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Carolyn said...

Hi Linda~How are you? Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have been getting behind with blog visits too. A busy winter, that's for sure.
All of your cards are so beautiful. I love all of your valentines. Your style of creating is just gorgeous! There's never a card that I don't love when I am at your blog. Thanks for sharing your talents!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com