Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Design Team Preview


It's Preview Week at Sugar Creek Hollow and each day on the website several design team members are being introduced. Friday is my introduction. For preview week, Tracy, the owner of Sugar Creek Hollow gave each of the team a set of three quilting images and turned us lose to do as we wanted. It's been such fun showing and sharing our wonderful creations with this set on the team blog. At first I was very nervous about what to do with the quilt image. As you know, I'm not very experienced in working with digital images, although I am always game to learn something new. The team members have been so fabulous about sharing their knowledge as each of us added to our body of knowledge about digi's. Two main things I learned this week that I am very excited about using in the future are layering in a photo editing program and digital paper piecing - a very cool technique.

So here's my quilt card. Considering that I went from being at a total loss as to what to do with the image to creating this card, I was pretty happy with the outcome. I tried to channel "country" with this card and the image of a stamped tin ceiling came to me. So I dragged out the alunium foil - you can read more about that adventure in the You Make My Heart Sing post below. The quilt blocks were not digitally pieced here, but rather paper pieced by hand (that's what convinced me that I HAD to learn to do it digitally).

The paper is mostly SU - Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla sponged with Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip, Rose Romance DSP and the quilt blocks are digital paper that I printed on my home computer. The beautiful country-ish brads are from Michael's.

I hope you will stop by Sugar Creek Hollow and get acquainted with the other design team members and see their take on this very cool digital set. While you are there, be sure to check out the Friday freebies and the details about the grand opening March 1st.

10 comments:

Beverly G said...

Congrats on your Fri. intro, you really did a fabulous job on this card, but I haven't seen anything below par from you since I've been following. I've been learning about digis this week also.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Linda , Good morning hunny such a beautiful card, love your image, and papers, so pretty. Hope you have a lovely afternoon, hugs Linda x

Christine said...

Beautiful"quilt".

Justine said...

WOW this is so beautiful, I just sat and starred at all of your amazing little attention to detail. Perfect paper piecing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Linda ! I love the quilting and the centre piece sets it off a treat. Sue C x

Tracy Vinson said...

Linda, the colors are so rich and gorgeous on uour card.

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous. Love the design and colours.
Hugs
Desire

marsha said...

Linda,
My first response is "WOW" again! Your artwork is just so amazing.
Hugs, Marsha

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful as are all your creations!

ellepaulette said...

This is such a lovely card!! Great job!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com