Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Monochromatic Butterfly


It's Wednesday again - Happy Hump Day, everybody!! Here's my DT card for this week's Creative Inspirations challenge. This week's challenge is monochromatic. For some reason, monochromatic cards always scare me. Don't know why - maybe I think I won't be able to stick to just one color. This one was easy peasy once I decided on the color.

This cute little primitive butterfly is a creation of Tracy over at Sugar Creek Hollow, a brand new digital stamp company specializing in vintage and primitive stamps. I decided to use Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla. The DP is digital and I matched up the colors by scanning a piece of Bashful blue and changing the colors in the DP to match. Nothing too complex on this card - a bunch of layers and a mess of Spellbinder dies and you've got yourself a card. If you have any questions, leave it in the comments or email me. I'm always happy to share.

Wishing you a beautiful rest of the week!

Blessings,

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the blue and white, it's a very soothing color to me, I love it!

Anneke klerks said...

very pretty card

anneke

Janiel/ janny said...

Bearutiful card Linda. It is such a relaxing looking card in those cool blue tones.
hugs, Janiel

Christine said...

Gorgeous, love the blues!

Unknown said...

Wow, Beautiful card!

Cassie said...

how absolutely beautiful!

Tracy Vinson said...

This is LOVELY. I feel so peaceful looking at this! Thanks for sharing.

Mina said...

stunning, the blue is fabulous
Mina xxx

jjcreations said...

This is so stunning!!!!!

Margaret said...

Linda, this is beautiful!! I love your cards!!!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Linda this is absolutely fabulous! I love the colors and your layout is just so breathtaking. Wonderful card!

Beverly G said...

Hope you check here, I think you've posted since this card, but, I left you something on my blog, if you don't want to pass it on that's o.k., just a little appreciation from me to you.

Hearts Turned said...

Such a beautiful card, Linda--love this butterfly!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com