Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Funky Chicken



Hello friends and welcome to my Saturday posting for the Our Creative Corner design team. This is my last week as host and I am challenging all our participants to a sketch challenge.

Our sponsor this week is a brand new digital stamp company Sugar Creek Hollow. So new, in fact, that their Grand Opening is March 1st. They are a Christian company that is giving all of their proceeds to a food pantry. They are offering $10 in free digital images to the lucky winner of this week's random selection. But really everybody wins because as part of their Grand Opening there is a fabulous Friday Freebie (from yesterday), a blog hop, a drawing for $50 in free digital stamps and the opportunity to receive a free digital stamp for every $10 you spend on the Grand Opening day of March 1st. So be sure to drop by their site on Monday and check out all the goodies!

My OCC card this week was made with an image from Sugar Creek Hollow. Isn't this American primitive chicken just the cutest? As soon as I saw her, I thought BANDANA! So I searched out some bandana paper. I found a digital paper pack on line at Designer Digitals and had fun again with digital paper piecing. The blue background panel is Night of Navy that has been embossed with the Cuttlebug paisley embossing folder and sponged with white craft ink to give it sort of a faded denim look. Then I couldn't resist cutting up an old bandana for the horizontal panel in the center of the sketch.

Thanks so much for dropping by and for all your lovely comments. I hope you will take the time to stop by Our Creative Corner to see the awesome work by the rest of our design team. Have a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

Christine said...

Wonderful card, love the denim and red together!

LorettaL said...

Linda, I love your countrified card!!!

Hearts Turned said...

Adorable, Linda! Love the rustic look and the bandana paper is so perfect! Love the way you "quilted" it--great flower, too!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Wendy J. said...

Too cute, Linda! Love the paper piecing and the bandana paper.

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

THis is just so fantastic...I LOVE the bandana ribbon and your pieced chicken is FAB!!!! AWESOME creation, Linda!!!

Tracy Vinson said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for such and awesome representation of our company, Linda!

Joseline said...

Outstanding Linda!! Love the All American-Country feel on this card.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Linda, how are you hunny? hope you are well. Wow you've been busy since my last visit with so many gorgeous cards, i love the chicken card but the butterfly is just gorgeous! hope you have a fabulous weekend, hugs Linda x

Cassie said...

this card just makes me happy! i love the country feel with the denim and bandana prints.

Lori Rider said...

This is just great, Linda - I love how you used the bandana for the "ribbon" and your fun image and colors! Thanks so much for great challenges this month!

Silke Ledlow said...

Linda your card is awesome!!! Love the different textures and the super cute image!!! Your Sketch was fun, quick and easy to work with!!!

Thank you for your fantastic Feb Challenges!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

marsha said...

Beautiful job Linda! Your chicken is just so bright and I love all the denim!

Hugs, Marsha

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Linda! love your colors here and this card is sooooo cozy looking to me..does that make sense? :)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Great card Linda! What a fun design, LOVE the bandana layout and colors!

Thanks SO much for the wonderful challenges in February, I had SO much fun!

Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Beverly G said...

I need some lessons on the digital paper piecing, and you never fail to wow me with your creativity, the real bandana, great touch.

Unknown said...

Great card! Love how you used that funky chicken mixed with the denim and bandanna papers. Love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com