Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Giving Heart


This week the challenge at Our Creative Corner is Something Old That's NEW, a challenge to dig into our stash and use something that we've had for awhile, but have never used (or haven't used in forever). As hostess this week, I set the challenge and surprisingly enough, was very challenged to find something to use. Of course, I have tons of DP that I've been hoarding, but I really didn't find too many embellishments or stamps that hadn't been used. I finally decided to use a Tim Holtz mask that hadn't even been opened yet, along with some Ranger alcohol inks
that haven't been out in a almost a year. The mask is 12" so it makes a large pattern. It's sort of hard to see on the background layer. It's a large flourish that I laid over an 8x10" piece of natural cardstock and spritzed with Meadow and Ginger and just a splash of Butterscotch alcohol inks. Then I lightly stamped the Script BG stamp in Vintage Photo distress ink. I used that paper for the background and also cut a heart out of it. The DP by Creative Imaginations is sort of grungy rust with a green leaf pattern on it. I don't believe I have ever used this particular stamp either. I have used one of the other stamps in the set, but not that one. And the ceramic "hope" charm has been in my stash forever so I was happy to be able to work it in.

Both flowers were hand made with Spellbinders dies. The fluffy one was cut from coffee filters with a small scalloped circle. I sprayed the coffee filters with the same alcohol inks I used for the background panel and then stamped them with the Script stamp inked up with Vintage Photo distress ink. The small flower was cut from the designer paper with the two tiny dies that come with the Classic Frame die.

Although I met the challenge, I'm not sure if I like this card. Maybe it will grow on me. I had envisioned doing something green and springlike, but it didn't come out as I had hoped. I'm not sure of the occasion I would use it for but maybe someday I'll find just the right person and occasion to send it for.

Be sure to stop by Our Creative Corner to see how the other DT members met this challenge. There are some really beautiful samples over there this week!

Thanks for stopping by. Wishing you a love-filled St. Valentine's Day!

21 comments:

marsha said...

What a stunning work of art! This is truly one of the most beautiful pieces I have seen. Your work is outstanding and your creativity continually amazes me!
Hugs, Marsha

cheryl said...

wow this is amazing such wondeful DP stunning detail and adore the colurs too hugs cheyrl xxx

Cheryl said...

This is really beautiful. I love the vintage look.

Lori Rider said...

I think this is beautiful - I love your shabby style. I haven't played with my alcohol inks on anything but dominos in ages! I forget how fun they are. Thanks for a fun and challenging challenge!

Silke Ledlow said...

OH - I remember this SU Set...it's been a long time since I've seen it - LOL!!! Perfect choice Linda!!!

As always your creation is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love this design!!! Hugs ~S~

Jenny said...

Very pretty card!!! Love all the little details! Thanks for your kind words on last weeks challenge!!

Wendy J. said...

Your card is amazing! Thanks for the challenge, Linda!

Joseline said...

This is so beautiful Linda. The DP are simply gorgeous.

LorettaL said...

Oh, Linda! Beautiful! THanks for the kick in the hiney to use what I have!!!

ellepaulette said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!

nessy said...

gorgeous creation ~ amazing detail ~ so very artistic!
vanessa xx

Anonymous said...

I think you've done a stunning job on this card Linda. The colours and the detail are excellent, as usual. Sue C x

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

This is just gorgeous, as always, Linda!! I absolutely LOVE your style!!! Thanks for another fun challenge this week...there were MANY things to choose from in my craft room that would have worked for this one! Lol!!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, this is amazing!!!
Stunning Linda!!!


blessings, Maria

Christine said...

Wonderful card Linda!

Kristen H said...

this is so pretty, it looks like it should smell like my grandmother's soft rose lotion that I remember her wearing. What a gorgeous creation!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hi Linda, what a beautiful vintage card! Lovely as always!

KAT said...

Interesting that you don't like this card - I think it's visually attractive... Love all the layers, the dimension and all that sewing!

Sandra said...

Just adore that big puffy flower!
Hugs
Sandra x

Denise @ Paper Gems said...

Everything card you have here on your blog is "really" art..Everything is framable! Love how your style has really developed!

I tend to repeat the "cute" image as the focus and have to force myself to "learn" new layouts..."stole" the grassy hills scene from the new "Alice in Wonderland" trailer!

Come visit Mo on Paper Craft Planet tomorrow as there will be a blog hop with lots of prizes!

Unknown said...

Your card turned out great! It was a fun challenge. Great job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com