Sunday, December 16, 2012

Promises to Keep


Hello friends,

Just a quick posting this morning for Artistic Outpost.  I made this green and silver Christmas card using the Snowy Woods plate from Artistic Outpost.  The main image and sentiment were stamped with Jet Black archival, colored with distress ink pads and sponged with Vintage Photo DI.  I silver embossed the pine branches along the top and then sponged Pine Needles DI over the panel.  Then I dabbed some Brushed Pewter Distress Stain on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water and laid the panel on it, resulting in lightly mottled silver over the sponging.  The snowflakes were cut from Ranger foil tape with Spellbinder dies as was the label die cut used in the bottom cluster.  Silver ric rac and the bells from the Tim Holtz Christmas Adornments were the simple embellishments used.

That's it, quick and easy for today.  Let me know if you have any questions and thanks so much for stopping by!








14 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I've not seen that image before! He's gorgeous and the quote perfect! Love the turquoise. Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the silver snowflakes,the main image and the quote ! Hope you are keeping well. Sue C x

Jenny Marples said...

This is a real vintage treasure Linda. Love that background so much. Hope all is still on course for Friday. Thinking of you, hugs, Jenny x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful image and a beautiful Christmas card.

Handgathered said...

Beautiful card, Linda. That is a great image.
Anni

Sandy said...

Beautiful Linda - love the quote from Robert Frost.
Sandy

Chris said...

A really gorgeous card Linda! I love the stamp, I've been meaning to get it for ages as it has a snippet of my favourite winter poem. The way you coloured the image is superb and all your details are wonderful. Chris x

lilscrappers said...

I love that stamp set, put it on my wish list, lol

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely lovely tinting on the image, Linda (I have it, and haven't even inked it up yet - thank you for the nudge!), and the background's beautiful...
Alison x

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Such delicate details...and I love the combination of that poem with the image. Magical!

marda said...

I love this stamp, and what you did with it is beautiful. I haven't used this particular one yet, I may have to make another card for my son who's a real fan of Robert Frost. (I had to make one in a hurry to get out with Xmas money inside!!)

Maryanne said...

Another gorgeous card, Linda! I love the background color with the water colored image. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card! Love the sentiment...one of my favorites.

Sophie said...

Ein wunderschöner Traum, liebe Linda

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com