Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Light in the Darkness


Hello and welcome!  I'm back today with a sample for week #2/Funkie week over at Frilly and Funkie.  Our host, Rebecca Deeprose, has given us a theme of A Light in the Darkness.  I didn't have any candle, lights, stars or Jesus stamps to use so I decided to use the Artistic Outpost Favorite Book stamp set.  After all, I do consider reading and education to be a light in the darkness.

All card stock used here was SU's Confetti Cream.  I started with a base panel which I sponged and splattered with Weathered Wood distress ink and distress stain plus a few splats of Picket Fence distress stain.  Then, using Jet Black Archival Ink, the images from the set were randomly stamped, and the 'read' stamp interspersed between them.  The main panel and the fussy cuts were also stamped with Jet Black archival ink, the main panel was also sponged with Vintage Photo.  I used my distress ink pads and a water brush to add color the images.  The back matting panel was sponged with Dried Marigold distress ink and the outer panel was sponged with Vintage Photo.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you will stop by Frilly and Funkie to see the wonderful samples that the rest of the team has to offer up.



9 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Learning is always the light from the darkness!!! Cool take on this challenge! Wonderful card!

Suzanne C said...

I agree that reading is a light! Love this project. Beautiful layout with the staggered images. Beautiful!

Linda Breedlove said...

This is so fabulous... I love this stamp set and your beautiful coloring!!!
Hugs!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a neat interpretation of the light challenge! I like your thinking. And this project is fantastic. The sweet little ones popped up with open books are fab.

Terry said...

Linda, this card is a brilliant take on the challenge! Gorgeous coloring and I love the collage of images! Very cool!

Bast said...

What a great idea! Love how you ran with that idea. The quote is really great! Thanx so much for sharing! :)

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Words and Pictures said...

Education is THE light in the darkness... also the source of one of my other favourite quotes about education: Children are candles to be lit, not jugs to be filled.

Love this AO set, I've put it in my basket a couple of times, and then resisted it, but you've made it more tempting than ever - what a gorgeous card!
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card, love the saying.

Lisa Minckler said...

Book..book? The word sounds oddly familiar. Ohhh to have the time to sit and read. A very inspirational card Linda. :) I might have to go to that place that has them, what's that name again?....
hugs,
Lisa xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com