Monday, December 3, 2012

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #12

Hello friends and a warm welcome to my new followers.  I'm back today with Tag #12 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  It's been a fun run for the last 12 weeks.  I have really enjoyed playing in the tag challenge and I hope you have too.  I'm so thrilled with all the new artists we have playing with us this year!  But all things must end, and this is our final week of the tag challenge.  I'm offering my Tag #12 for your inspiration this week.  To be eligible for the prize drawings at the end, you must have all 12 tags linked up by midnight Eastern Time on December 17th.  You can find a link to each week's post at the top of the right sidebar.  There will be $100 in gift certificates randomly given out as follows - $50 to the grand prize winner and $25 each to two runners up.  If you are a winner, sadly, you will have to wait to use your gift certificate until I reopen the boutique in January.  But the good news is that I will have a 10% re-opening sale so you will be able to get more for your gift certificate at that time!

It's so annoying when photos don't do a piece of artwork justice.  I love the way this tag came out, but I just don't think the photos reflect how pretty it is.  I spent over an hour photographing and editing photos, but still didn't get a great outcome.  

This is a two layer tag.  The bottom layer is the jumbo manila tag itself which has been gold embossed with the Fabulous Flourishes stamp and sponged with a combination of Festive Berries and Barn Door distress inks.  The top layer is actually a smaller tag, gold embossed using the Book Covers stamp.  The Happy Holidays stamp is from the Mini Holidays 3 set.  The Carved Ornaments die was used for the ornament which was embossed with the Snow Flurries texture fade and gold embossed with Judi-Kins Egyptian Gold EP.  The crinoline poinsettia was made with the Tattered Florals die.  And that wraps up Tag #12.

I hope you have had as much fun as I had playing in this challenge this year, and that it has helped you make some of your cards and tags for Christmas.  Thank you to everyone who as visited and a special thanks to those who have played along!



18 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful finale - rich red and gold - so lustrous and festive! Gorgeous inspiration as ever... thank you so much, I've had sooo much fun!
Alison x

Inkypinkycraft said...

another wonderful tag Linda..have hAd a ball and have just linked no 8 so only 4 to go to catch up!!!
thakns for the fab inspiration , have loved it!! trace x

Evelyn S. said...

It's such a beautiful ending to your series of tags, Linda! Red and gold...can't wait to get started! (I think red is extremely difficult to photograph...and any metallic is.)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Linda
This is a stunner; The rich feeling of Red and Gold.... How can anyone go wrong with this one; it is so inspiring. Thank you for a wonderful 12 weeks, it has been very enjoyable creating from your inspirational tags.
Smiles:)
Sue

Hettie said...

Wow! I can just sense the richness and sumptuousness of this tag! Thanks Linda. I am trying to catch up! Have a crafting day lined up Friday so who knows!
xx

Jenny Marples said...

Love that this one is so different from the rest. Plenty of scrummy gold and red, and loads of ideas sparked already. This has been a fab challenge to be a part of and yep, it has got me through this year's Christmas cards painlessly (well actually enjoyably!!) so thank you very much. Hugs, Buttons x

Karenliz Henderson said...

Your tag is gorgeous. I am almost caught up! 3 more tags. Linking soon! Although I've been busy with work, I have so much fun with this challenge! Thanks Linda.

Maryanne said...

This tag is so beautiful! I love the color and I love the way the book cover stamp looks on the smaller tag! Just beautiful!

Suzanne C said...

Linda I really enjoyed playing along with you in your 12 tags! This tag is beautiful. Love that you used red on gold. I need to use red more and this was a great inspiration. Beautiful tag! Beautiful 12 tags of inspiration!

Lisa Minckler said...

I'm smiling from ear to ear. I just knew tag 12 was going to be a stunner! Despite your feeling towards the picture I think it comes through shining!!
Thank you so much for another fun filled and inspiring 12 Tags of Christmas. :)
I'll be finishing mine up next week!
Lisa xx

Handgathered said...

Well, I caught up and conquered my first 12 Tags of Christmas project. This last one seemed to be the best for me. Thanks, Linda, for the fun I had here. Anni

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous festive tag Linda! I've had a ball, playing along with you this year, thanks for all your wonderful inspiration!
I do hope you have a fantastic Christmas in your new home!
Alison xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

well I have made it all 12 ...thanks Linda for the inspiration as I have LOVED making these tags... trace x

Words and Pictures said...

11 down, and one to go... and that's number 11 - back soon!!
Alison xx

Claire said...

Another stunning tag Linda, absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for such a wonderful challenge, you're a real inspiration and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed playing along
Claire xx

Unknown said...

I just made it....hahaha.
Thank you Linda for hosting such a wonderful Challenge. It HAS been a challenge.

Happy Holidays
Tracie

Hettie said...

I have had a blast making these Linda Thank you so much for running this Challenge. Looking forward to seeing what you do for 2013!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Hugs
Hettie
xxx

Kate Yetter said...

They are all stunning, Linda! I finally got them all made and linked up with two hours to spare. Thanks for another great year with the 12 tags. I so enjoyed it! I know it took a lot of time on your part. Merry Christmas!
Kate

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com