Sunday, December 2, 2012

Winter Beauty

Hello!  I'm back this Sunday morning with a tag I made for my weekly guest post over at Artistic Outpost.  This peaceful winter scene was created with the wonderful Midwinter set.  Using a jumbo manila tag, I embossed, inked and glittered the woodgrain.  The images were stamped with Coffee archival and the tag was embellished with a gold tulle bow, pinecones and branches cut from kraft core with the Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone die.  Another simple piece with just a few supplies I brought with me on my move.  I'm still feeling embellishment challenged.  Every time I reach for something I need, I find I forgot to pack it.  I was struggling for a pop or red or green ribbon on this but none available.  It looks a little bland to me :(

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope your December is off to a great start!


15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This card has captured the beauty of nature! Well done!

Suzanne C said...

I love monochromatic cards, especially in neutral tones and I think this is gorgeous! I can't imagine creating with only a portion of my supplies. :) Always a struggle deciding which supplies to keep out! Hope your house situation gets worked out soon.

BEARKIS said...

Wonderful,monochromatic winter beauty ,congrats!!!

Paper Profusion said...

Beautiful warm tag that looks so Christmassy. Nicola x

Maryanne said...

This tag is beautiful! I think the monochromatic color scheme is nice for winter. It's quiet and peaceful for the season.

Conniecrafter said...

neat how you cut out the scenes and like the embossed background

Linda Pekrul said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE this tag... it has such a calm beauty. I can't imagine trying to craft while in the middle of a move. Hope you're soon all settled and feeling comfy and at home!

Jenny Marples said...

This is so soft and gentle it doesn't look like you've missed anything off. Must be so frustrating not having your stash around you and yet you continue to produce amazing tags like this. Hugs, Buttons x

Art By Wanda said...

I thinks it's beautiful!!! NOT Bland at all!!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So so gorgeous Linda!!! I love the neutral tones and vintage feel! Wonderful!

Sandy said...

Everything you do is gorgeous Linda! I thought you were supposed to be in the middle of moving and all that horrid stuff. I guess you just can't keep a good woman down. I also hope that next year you will do the Christmas tag thing again. Some of my favorite artists are participating and I want to give it a go. By the way kid, I am going into withdrawal. Surely I will be able to shop with you soon. January can not come soon enough. Just wanted you to know that YES I am watching!!
sandy

Hettie said...

Wow Linda. This is beautiful. Love Love LOVE it!
xx

Words and Pictures said...

I know exactly what you mean with travelling-stash-frustration... seemed like every idea I had over the last three weeks needed my BigShot (which I didn't have!!)... But this looks just perfect to me - delicate, subtle neutrals, and these images are just fabulous with the woodgrain background. I need no extra colours at all... Gorgeous!!
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a beautiful winter tag with great details.

Sophie said...

Wow, was für ein Tag!!!
Ganz liebe Grüße

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com