Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's a Purple and Silver Christmas


Welcome back friends and followers.  Today I am sharing my Our Creative Corner project, the theme of which, set by our Christina Barnes, is a Purple and Silver Christmas.  I must say, as with many color challenges, I wasn't thrilled with the color combo.  But after I got going on it, I did a total 180 degree turn and absolutely loved it.

I started with a panel of purple Core'dinations Kraft Core, embossed it with the Christmas Backgrounds and Borders Texture Fade and then sanded it.  After that I cut a piece of Confetti Creme card stock with the TH Baroque die, heat embossed the three wise men from the Holiday Minis 4 set in silver and treated it to Tim Holtz's rusted enamel technique, sponging it with Vintage Photo DI.  The snowflake rosette is the larger Decorative Strip die that just came out this year.  I cut Confetti Creme CS with it, colored it silver with the Brushed Pewter Distress Stain and when dry, coated it with Distress Stickles Rock Candy Dry Glitter.

That's pretty much it.  I'm not giving thumbnails of products at this time because the Funkie Junkie Boutique is temporarily closed for moving.  Look for it to reopen shortly after the first of the year - a great place to spend your Christmas gift money as I will be having a reopening sale!

Now it is time to visit Our Creative Corner to see more purple and silver Christmas beauty.  Lots of pretty eye candy there this week.  We hope you will play along.  After this challenge, we are going on holiday until the first Saturday in January.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your lovely comments!





3 comments:

lilscrappers said...

oh my, I am pulling that colour scheme into one of my tags, lol. It's beautiful!

Inkypinkycraft said...

a great make , hope to be able to play along! trace x

Lili said...

Awesome card Linda! That snowflake is awesome, the image of the Three Kings pops beautifully against that purple background.
Hugs ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com