Sunday, October 6, 2013

Wishing You Peace and Joy


Welcome one and all.  Thanks so much for visiting me today!  It's my day to share over at Artistic Outpost and I have a card I made for the recent release of Christmas Chalk.  I really had so much fun with this new plate from Artistic Outpost.  I used the sentiment stamp here, which is large enough to be the focal point of the entire piece.  I also used the fabulous Maja Design It's Christmas Time collection, wonderful vintage style Christmas/winter papers and lots of them!  I distressed the edges using my fingernail and sponged them with Vintage Photo DI.  

I started with a plain white doily and gave it two coats of black paint using distress paint and when dry, I stamped it with white craft in to give it that chalkboard look.  I used the On-the-Edge Treeline die (which I absolutely love) to give a little interest to the piece along with a strip of the new Borders Industrious Stickers from TH's Idea-ology line.  The little flourishes were cut using the Festive Greenery decorative strip die and painted with Brushed Pewter distress paint.  The flower was cut with the Mini Tattered Florals M&S die, stamped with one of my many music score stamps in Jet Black archival.  The snowflake was cut from a thin cork sheet with a Mini Snowflakes M&S die.  

That's it, but I will say I just love the vintage country feel of the It's Christmas Time paper pack.  You will be seeing lots more if it in the weeks to come!








These supplies used to make this card are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:



8 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love this card, Linda! You really use the chalk board stamps to such great effect. The Maja papers look fantastic, just like the Fall set.

Redanne said...

I totally agree with Maryanne, you make wonderful use of those chalkboard stamps Linda, this is wonderful.

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh this is so beautiful!! Perfectly layered and I adore the combination of the Chalkboard stamps with those beautiful papers. The whole creation is just gorgeous!!

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely lovely, Linda - gorgeous papers, delicious shabby distressing, and the sentiment looks fab!
Alison x

Barb Cady said...

I love the way you have painted the doily it looks like a die cut! Beautiful creation, great papers! X

diane said...

Awesome job!

marda said...

How wonderful is this card! I'm in love with these Maja papers.
You do such a wonderful job using those chalkboard stamps, may have to go back for another set! Altogether, fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, the doily looks great. I love all the layers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com