Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Colors of Autumn


Hello and welcome back!  I'm posting today along with my fellow Frilly designers from Frilly and Funkie.  This week Sue is our host and her challenge is The Colors of Autumn.  It's my favorite crafting time of the year and I'm loving working with Maja Design's Walking in the Forest 12x12 collection.  That's what I used here for my background papers.  The vintage image is from The Graphics Fairy and the checkered borders are really just the Wendy Vecchi Dots and Stripes stencil work with white card stock and Jet Black archival ink.

I had some fun using the new Tim Holtz Ribbon Flags decorative strip die and kraft core paper, sanded of course with my sanding grip.  The letters are from the Alpha Parts Newprint set, originally black but painted with two colors of Rusted Hardware Vintaj paints.  Using the corrugated cardboard from my boutique, I die cut it with the Distressed Doily On the Edge die.

The leaves, which are a required ingredient for this challenge, were white card stock cut with the Mini M&S Tattered Leaves dies, stamped with the new Wendy Vecchi Potting Soil archival ink using the script stamp from Tim's Apothecary set.  They were then sponged with Frayed Burlap, spritzed with water, scrunched, dried and inked again.  Then I brushed some Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium Matte on them and sprinkled on Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter.  I flicked the backs to knock a lot of the glitter off as I wanted just a dusting of it.  The bronze flower, buttons, rayon seam binding and burlap string are all sold in my boutique (as is just about everything else).

Thanks again for stopping by today.  I know I don't get around to many blogs these days to say hi, but I'm very grateful for your visit and any comments you care to leave.  I hope you will stop by Frilly and Funkie too and hope to see you playing along too!









The following products are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger and Wendy Vecchi products are always 20% below MSRP.

14 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Another beautiful card Linda. I love that autumnal banner. Hugs, Jenny x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful card Linda, so many little details to admire (it's the attention to detail I love about your work!). Love the way the leaves turned out and those new little banner dies on the side with the letters, look fantastic!!

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Linda. Love the format and colours you have used. Soo many things to look at. Love it!
xx

Redanne said...

A beautiful card Linda, I love the corrugated card and the little banners up the side - beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Love this card Linda! Beautiful use of color and fabulous details! ((hugs)) Rebecca

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Linda, I love the rustic charm of this piece. The banners along the edge look wonderful with the Autumn lettering. Gorgeous design too. Tracy x

Lisa Minckler said...

It's 90 today but Saturday is going to be in the 60's and I am going to run right back over here then and look at this gorgeous creation again, because THEN the seasons and crafts will be aligned perfectly! I absolutely LOVE this design SO much Linda. Beautiful work :)

Terry said...

Beautiful Autumn card, Linda! I love that seed packet and all your little extras! Hugs!

Brenda Brown said...

I love the pennant letters, a fabulous autumnal card.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Chris aka Scrappylassie said...

Another beautiful card.Love the texture , colors and graphic picture .

marda said...

I just LOVE this card. I keep looking at it and looking at it...so many details to take in.
Wow!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a beautiful card with great fall feeling. Love all the texture on it.

Beccalite said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card. I love all the elements you have used and there is so much attention to detail, this is a true work of art.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

Annie said...

This is a beautiful card Linda. Love the wonderful elements you have used and a stunning design

Annie x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com