Monday, October 7, 2013

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #3

Hello and welcome back to Week #3 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  If you are just visiting for the first time, you can find all the challenge details here.  But in a nutshell, 1) you look at my  tag and find something to inspire you, 2) you make a holiday themed piece, 3) link it up here, 4) provide a link to my challenge and to my Funkie Junkie Boutique (the sponsor).   Please read the full details in the Week #1 post if you decide to play along (I hope you will play along).

And now for the details for my tag.  I started, of course, with one of my favorite jumbo non-branded tags sold in the boutique and using Dyan's Starry Starry Night stencil, stenciled the stars with Frayed Burlap distress ink, then misted the stencil and applied the left over ink on the stencil directly to the tag also.  Then, using the border edge of the stencil, I applied Wendy Vecchi's gold embossing paste.  I let it dry over night (the gold takes forever to dry).  Once dry, I gave the tag a light mist of Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold.  Then stamped the two main images from Mini Holidays 4 in Jet Black Archival ink.  Using the music stamp from the set, I stamped it randomly using Frayed Burlap distress ink.  

Next I cut the Vintage Noel out of chipboard and painted on Wendy's gold embossing paste.  While it was still wet I shook on Clear Rock Candy distress glitter and tapped off the excess.  I set it aside to dry (it took most of the afternoon and evening to dry).  The stars are the new Mirrored Stars from Ideology, painted with Tarnished Brass Distress Stain.   

The photos do not do this tag justice.  I was so pleased with the way it turned out but disappointed it didn't photograph better (despite taking about 50 photos and spending over an hour editing them).  This was the best I could do on the photo.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  You can link up below and I hope you will.  There is also a list of supplies I used here that are sold in my boutique.  


These items were used to make this tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Tim Holtz/Ranger and other name brand items are always 20% below MSRP.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous tag Linda! I see what you mean about great minds thinking alike! Lol!
I'm off on holiday for a couple of weeks, but I'll be catching up when I return.
Cheers,
Alison xxx

Maryanne said...

Beautiful tag, Linda. I'm still planning on playing along. After this week I will be getting started. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

That looks wonderful. I'm looking to attempting this one later in the week.

Lisa Minckler said...

It's magical what you create. I'm so excited to get started. Beautiful variation within the 3 already. Can't wait to see them all!!!

marda said...

Beautiful Linda.

Lindart said...

Love the tag! I may play if I get inspired to go into my art room today! Don't have any TH Christmas stamps, I don't think - I guess I will have to go and check! Lindart ♥

Jane said...

Wow I have now seen the first 3 tags, you are so talented. They are all stunning. I hope to have a play in the next few days, thanks so much for the inspiration Linda xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

PERFECTION!!!! Love the scene, the gold, the stars!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Really an amazing tag, love how you combined the creation.

Words and Pictures said...

See... I'm even behind on my commenting on the 12 Tags! Love the neutral colour palette with the gilded accents - subtle yet glamorous, and gorgeous stamping.
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful tag and great inspiration again. Love how the golden embossing paste turns out. Great effect.

Julie Lee said...

What a beautiful colour palette and a gorgeous background. I love that angel too! Julie Ann xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com