Monday, October 21, 2013

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #5

Welcome back to Week #5 of the my 12 Tags of Christmas challenge.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  If you have already started to play along, thank you!  And if you haven't, you can check out all my challenge details/rules with the week #1 post here.  The links to all the weeks are on my sidebar. I hope you will decided to join in the challenge.

Stuck in sepia...that's how I feel this week.  I promise...next week I'll try to move to more traditional Christmas colors and give you a break from all this monochromatic stuff I've been so attracted to lately. This week, I started with a jumbo manila tag and sponged it with Vintage Photo.  Then in Coffee archival, I stamped the poinsettia stamp from Mini Holidays 5.   I also added just a hint of vintage style script using a ledger stamp from Artistic Outpost, also stamped in Coffee archival.   Santa was stamped on white card stock in Coffee archival and sponged with Vintage Photo.  To frame up Santa, I cut some corrugated cardboard with the Baroque M&S die and cut a circle in it with a Sized Circles M&S die.
 I broke open two new distress glitters - Vintage Photo and Clear Rock Candy and glittered my die cut embellishments - the holly leaves cut with the Festive Greenery die and the garland cut with the Holly, Beaded and Snowflake Garland decorative strip die.  I was quite surprised with the difference in consistency of the Vintage Photo glitter and the Clear Rock Candy glitter.  The Rock Candy glitter is very fine whereas the Vintage Photo is more granular and chunky.  The bows have the Rock Candy glitter on them.  I fell in love with the Vintage Photo distress glitter as soon as I opened it.

I used the Tattered Poinsettia die to cut crinoline to make my poinsettia, dyed it with Vintage Photo distress ink and gave it a sprintz of Biscotti Perfect Pearls mist.  The Venise lace started out white and I dyed it to give it a deep ivory vintage look.

That's it for this week.  Thanks again for stopping by!








These products used to make this tag are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:


18 comments:

Jane said...

What a lovely traditional Santa is smiling from your tag today Linda. Another wonderful piece of work and there are lots of elements that I can take inspiration from. This is such fun! Thanks so much x

Unknown said...

I love your tags! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, I love the little bows & the colour is fab. I still haven't made week four's tag, so I'd better get a move on this week.

Redanne said...

Oh how beautiful is this, my favourite so far - gorgeous.

Barb Cady said...

This is fabulous, I don't mind more monochromed at all! So much to be inspired by, I shall have to put my thinking cap on and my Santa stamps out! X

Viv said...

This is probably my fave tag to date! Love the colour scheme... fab!

Maryanne said...

I love this tag! It may be my favorite so far!! The Distress glitter, Vintage Photo, is great!

Unknown said...

This one is beautiful!! Love the flower.

Happy Crafting
Tracie

rachel said...

this is one fabulous tag Linda - love this xx

Hettie said...

Truly scrumptious Linda!
What is wrong with sepia? I already have ideas for mine! Just need the time now.
Hugs
xx

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful Tag! I love your tags with monochromatic color. I have a hard time doing that so looking at yours help me.

Annie said...

I love this co,our Linda and your tag is so elegant and feminine. Beautiful x

TFS
Annie x

marda said...

I've got no problem with sepia.. this is beautiful. I think it's my "new" favorite. LOVE IT!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's another fabulous tag with great details. Love the use of the corrugated cardboard, fabulous inspiration.

Shirley said...

Such a pretty tag Linda, love the lace piece. Thank you for the fabulous inspiration I am so enjoying playing along.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

craftytrog said...

Another beauty Linda! xx

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful rustic Christmas charm!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous glowing vintage look - what a fabulous piece of inspiration... Catching up is going to be fun!
Alison xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com