Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Old Covered Bridge

Double click photo to zoom in
Welcome friends! Today, the Artistic Outpost Design Team is sharing projects created with various Artistic Outpost fall stamp sets or AO sets with fall colors.  When I finally went to our design team site and read the challenge guidelines, I laughed out loud.  If you have been reading my blog the past few weeks, you have seen one fall piece after another.  Don't you think I have done enough fall pieces?  Before I get to the details, I just wanted to introduce you to the design team who will be participating in the blog hop.  I hope you will stop by their blogs and leave them some encouragement.
Terry * Tracy * Kate * Linda * Gerrie * Lisa

I thought I had already exhausted all my fall inspiration but I pulled out my pack of Maja Design's Walking in the Forest, which is the most beautiful fall paper I have ever seen.  That really got me inspired.  From there, I grabbed my absolute favorite fall stamp set - Artistic Outpost's Old Grist Mill.  I wanted to add a rustic element and went with burlap.  The burlap was brushed on the reverse with Multi Medium Matte and allowed to dry thoroughly before I die cut it.  I dabbed some Walnut Stain distress stain around the die cut edge of the burlap.  The burlap was cut with the Baroque Movers and Shapers die and the stamped focal image was cut with the Mini Baroque Movers and Shapers die.

The filigree metal is a piece from my shop that I painted with Antique Linen distress paint and the burnished over the top with a burnishing block to bring out the metal highlights.  The sentiment, which I love, is also from the Old Grist Mill set.  The sentiment banner is hand cut.  The fall foliage was cut with the Spring Greenery die, sponged with Dried Marigold DI and then spritzed with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist.  I used a mini paper clip to attach a tiny scrap of dyed seam binding to give it a little extra coordinating color.  

Hope you like my fall inspired card.  Thanks so much for dropping by today!









The products below can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Ranger/Tim Holtz and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.



15 comments:

Viv said...

Beautiful card Linda (am playing catch up whilst I'm away so have missed lots of lovely creations - love the fall tag below tho'!)

Anneke said...

Linda this card looks wonderful. Love your design Anneke.

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the blue tones in the paper (unusual for Fall, but so very beautiful) and the way you have mounted the mill on the burlap, gives it wonderful texture, beautiful make!

Jenny Marples said...

Burlap was just made for this Linda! LOVE the whole country feel. Jenny x

Pam said...

This is gorgeous.Love that image and the addition of burlap is brilliant.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Linda! Love the addition of the burlap die, makes for wonderful texture behind the beautiful covered bridge!

Unknown said...

Gold ribbon, leaves, and burlap make this a perfect card. I love the old covered bridge. There was one where I grew up and this card reminds me of that. Great card and very beautiful!

Terry said...

As always Linda, BEAUTIFUL! Love the rustic Fall feeling and that burlap panel is such a great background for the AO Grist Mill. The added greenery is fabulous! Love this, GF! Hugs!

Pamellia said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love the covered bridge, what a great stamp for any season! I really love the grey background, such a great colour to use with the autumn warms! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Another FAB card, Linda!! Love your burlap background--it's the perfect rustic-y mat for the covered bridge image! You're doing GREAT with your fall/autumn inspirations, Linda! I need to break out my Old Grist Mill set :)
XOXO-Shari T.

Kate Yetter said...

Stunning! The colors, burlap and foliage are perfect for the fall theme. I always love seeing what you come up with. Love it!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Linda, love those papers and the die cut element. The image looks fantastic. Gorgeous design. Tracy x

Aspiring crafter said...

Beautiful Linda!
Love the colours and the stamp is wonderful, great design.
Thank you for the tip on applying the multi matte medium to the burlap - so useful !
XxRuth

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Amazing beauty captured in a simple form! Love your muted colors, details and burlap! You really make me miss Autumn.

Lori said...

Love this Linda! The textures are just fabulous, the bridge looks like the one near our house!! Spectacular work, as always!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com