Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Love Letter

Greetings friends!  Did you think I had abandoned you?  You probably thought I got on my new bike, started riding and rode off into the sunset.  But no, I hurt my back and was laid up for a few days and then we left on a 5-day vacation.  I got back late Monday and managed to get a tag made for Trace's From the Heart challenge that kicks off today over at Frilly and Funkie.  Your challenge is to create a vintage project that has hearts as the focal image; you could make a dimensional piece, a card, ATC or tag, as long as hearts are the main focus.
Since we are heading toward Halloween, I decided to make my piece a bit gothic.  I started by stamping the Distress Damask stamps with embossing ink and clear embossed them.  Using jet black archival ink, I stamped a script stamp randomly on the tag and then sponged the entire tag with Black Soot DI.

 I ended up sponging black ink on my craft sheet too so I misted the craft sheet with Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold mist and then blotted my tag into it numerous times.

Love the gold sheen from the Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls mist.  The wonderful sentiment is from the Random Quotes set.  
My hearts were cut with several Movers and Shapers dies from gray chipboard.  I stained it with Gathered Twigs and then cut matching pieces Ranger Adhesive Punch Sheet, a new double sided tape  that just came out a couple of weeks ago from Ranger.  I affixed the double sided tape onto the heart die cuts and then rubbed a new Ranger Foil Transfer Sheet, one from the Vintage pack.  (NOTE:  the next time I use the adhesive punch sheets, I am going to adhere it to the base before die cutting, live and learn :)  Loving words from the Chit Chat sticker pack was included as well as several black rhinestones and some gumdrop style embellishments that I painted black.  



The following products were used to make the above tag and area available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique,where most name brand products including Tim Holtz/Ranger and Wendy Vecchi products are always 20% below MSRP.


17 comments:

Anneke said...

What a beautiful tag. It is special love the
Darkbrouwn color. Love it. Thanks for inspiring me Anneke.

Jenny Marples said...

LOVE the shimmer of gold running through this in contrast to the gothic black. Another tag that gets those creative juices flowing. Jenny x

Pamellia said...

What a great goth tag! Your background is stunning, I love the damask! The gold hearts are such a beautiful touch, so shimmery! Love it :)

Susan said...

This tag is right up my alley. Love the softness of it and muted colors.

Maryanne said...

This is beautiful, Linda! I love the sentiment and I love those new Ranger products. Guess another Boutique order is coming!!! I really love the way you did the background. The Perfect Pearls looks great on the black background.

Terry said...

And a lovely and romantic love letter it is, Linda! The colors and background on the tag is gorgeous! Love this tag! Hugs!

mamablitger said...

Linda your tag is gorgeous !! Oh gosh... The Damask stamp/ emboss looks fabulous on the black background. And the hearts you covered in gold... They are so adorable !!!!
What a fantastic energy you have. Coming home from holiday and start creating immediately ! Hope you had a great vacation. And hope that your back is better by now !!!!!
Thank you for sharing your pretty work.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Rita said...

Looks magnificent Linda. Hugs Rita xxx

Evelyn S. said...

As always, your creation is fabulous, Linda! It's so rich...decadent, even. Lovely vintage feel. Maybe I'll have to try this challenge.

Aspiring crafter said...

A beautiful tag Linda with just the sort of vintage / grunge I love!
Do hope back is ok , Take care
XxRuth

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous shabby tag! The background looks fantastic and I love how you did the hearts, wonderful and inspiring make!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful tag, Linda! Hope you are on the mend and feeling much better now.

Unknown said...

WOW Linda... this is stunning... love the dark brown with the GOLD... lovely accents... very attractively created... super!!! Great inspiration for us all... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

I think I feel a few more coming onto the challenge... yikes...

Nancy Dynes said...

Hi Linda!
I'm so happy to hear your back is feeling better and you were able to enjoy your vacation.
I am in awe that you were able to get that long to-do list completed before you left, especially in light of your injury, then immediately upon your return create this FABULOUS tag!!
I love your goth theme, so perfect as Halloween is fast approaching. You are amazingly creative with your backgrounds and this one is truly elegant. The distressed sentiment is the perfect focal point and the shimmery hearts bring all the elements together beautifully!
I pray your back heals swiftly and you are back on your bike in no time at all.
Hugs,
Nancy

Kirsten said...

Very beautiful. The hearts are lovely.

sarascloset said...

this is the perfect mix of Frilly and Funkie, with the sweet damask in white, against the black and gold background. Brilliant choices! The love letter looks like it could have come out of my great, great Grandma's attic! Perfect! and those gold hearts just pop! Awesome, AWEsome, AWESOME!

Lisa Minckler said...

Standing ovation on this tag Linda. A small surface with SUCH a big message. Absolutely LOVE this one. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com