Saturday, September 13, 2014

Golden Autumn

Hello and welcome!  Is it still hot and muggy where you live?  I'm still trying to coax fall into being here in north Florida.  I have visions of golden days with all the harvest colors of autumn.

I started with one of my favorite jumbo manila tags, smooched a frayed burlap distress ink pad on my craft sheet and spritzed it with Heirloom Gold perfect pearls mist.  Then I inked up the leaf stamp from the Old Grist Mill with my mixture and stamped it as a base on the tag.  A stencil and gold embossing paste were used to create the leaf flourish.  Once the embossing paste was good and dry, I sponged Rusty Hinge and Peeled Paint distress ink over the entire tag.  The doily was cut with a Prima die from kraft card stock and sponged with Frayed Burlap.
Two circles were die cut and gold embossed the mill image from the Old Grist Mill and the trees from the Home set.  The circles were then sponged with Rusty Hinge and edged with Vintage Photo.   The scene reminded me of growing up in upstate New York so I cut a curvy banner (by hand), stamped it with the leaf stamp and stamped Home on it.  It still needed something to finish it off so I went to my go-to die - Spring Greenery decorative strip - and cut the ivy.  Since I was going for the gold, I embossed it with my old jar of Judi-kins Egyptian Gold embossing powder.  Love that sparkle!
Thanks for stopping by!  I so appreciate all your comments.


These products were used to make this tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

7 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful tag Linda, love those gold tones, you have inspired me for a project I need to make today. Much cooler here in the UK but we've had some lovely warm afternoons this week. Hoping for an Indian summer lol.
Happy Sunday.
hugs Brenda xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous tag Linda, love the gold embossed stamps, gives such a wonderful glow to it all. A beautifully put together tag!

Jenny Marples said...

This has to be one of my favourites of yours - those autumn tones work so well with the soft gold leaves, and the doily works incredibly well backing the Old Grist Mill. Jenny x

Anneke said...

What a wonderful tag. It looks so beautiful. Everything fits perfectly. Thanks for showing Anneke.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful tag, love everything in this!!

Kirsten said...

A very beautiful tag.

Terry said...

Send a little Autumn over this way, Linda! We are 100 degrees today, but of course without the humidity. Been to AO and love the richness in the colors and that glorious gold! Hugs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com