Monday, February 14, 2011

Pink Enough?




Hi there and welcome to my Simon Says Stamp and Show post.  I wish you all a happy Valentine's Day.    Our challenge to you this week is to show us a tag.  I've been making a lot of Valentine's art recently and although this isn't truly a Valentine's piece, you can tell by the colors that I am still in that mode.

All tags must be vintage, right?  So I started my vintage tag by stamping from Urban Grunge, Flights of Fancy and Mini Holidays in Aged Mahogany.  Then I applied one of my very favorite Tim Holtz techniques - Rusted Enamel over the entire tag and treated the edges to a bit of gold UTEE.  The glittered oval frame was cut with a Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Oval die and distressed with Tattered Rose ink.  The frame was embellished with Spellbinders Floral Accent die cut which was painted with Tattered Rose crackle paint and crowned with one of my enameled roses that just happened to be sitting on my work desk waiting to be used.  The sentiment was printed on my computer and attached with one of Tim's tiny safety pins and the shabby seam binding was dyed with Tattered Rose distress ink.  

I know there's not much originality here, but cut me some slack.  I've been sick for 4 days now and I think my mojo has dried up and blown away.  I have to tell you that I struggled with this tag for over 8 hours, just putzing around, changing this and re-doing that.  I don't know why but nothing seemed to gel for this make.  Today I received some gold glass glitter and wished I had had it yesterday to use instead of the white glitter.  Maybe that would have better satisfied me.  

So now skedaddle from here and see what my teamies at Simon Says Stamp and Show have whipped up for your inspiration.  I guarantee you will LOVE what you see there.  And then see what you can come up with for a tag this week.  Our generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, has a $50 random prize this week.  Wouldn't you love a $50 shopping spree at Simon Says Stamp?  Believe me, they have EVERYTHING on your wish list!


Thanks so much for stopping by today and for any comment you care to leave.  


POST UPDATE:  I had an inquiry from a reader about the image I used here.  It is a vintage download from the Internet and the site where I acquired it several years ago is closed.  So if you would like it, please email me at thefunkiejunkie@gmail.com and I will send it to you.

23 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well I think you have done a fabulous job this is an awesome tag.
You say it took you 6 hours. Gosh I thought that was about the norm for making a card.
I must be real slow.

Sian said...

Beautiful tag, love the details.
hugs

Suzi Mac said...

Oh Linda, another beautiful Tag. Love all the treatments you've used and the ribbon design. Just stunning once again.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such gorgeous tag! Love the vintage look. Just perfect. :o)

kksb said...

I think you tag is Wonderful. The distress paint on the flourish is fantastic and I Like the white glitter over the pink. I find it dainty. Please pat yourself on the back. This tag rules!!

CottageRose said...

W H A T ? ? ? Your tag is just gorgeous!! I just love your style!

Lori said...

Puhleeze...this tag is gorgeous, and it's so YOU! I love it, it looks so dreamy! Well done!

Shelly Hickox said...

I think it's absolutely gorgeous!!

Beverly G said...

Sorry to hear you've been unwell, you may think your mojo went south, but this wonderful, I think the white glitter is perfect.

ellepaulette said...

Absolutely lovely!!!!!!

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is beautiful, gorgeous details and lovely soft colours, I think it's perfect, hugs Liz xx

Unknown said...

It IS beautiful but I think there's still room for more pink!

Unknown said...

Your tag is absolutely gorgeous.. I have to say I love the pink color..

Happy Valentine day!

Hugs, Linda

Sillyfilly said...

What a gorgeous tag! I would love to know what company makes the image you have stamped on there and the name of the stamp if possible.

Jen said...

I think your tag was well worth all the hard work! Just beautiful!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Jen :)

Nancy said...

Linda, this is gorgeous!!! I don't know why you think your mojo's gone - I think you're still feverish, because this is a great tag!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Don't know where you think you went wrong...maybe a fever has made you a bit confused or you are Love Struck. It is a stunning, beautiful tag. The end result is totally feminine and lovable. Glad you shared it with us.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Linda, drop by my blog, I have a special award for you, because you make my day so special

Conniecrafter said...

Its goregous, lovely soft image, and love all the glitter, sorry your feeling poorly, you probably would have seen the beauty in it if you weren't feeling so bad

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Linda,

It's pure girly PINK goodness!! I love the glitter too!! Gorgeous work, the die cuts are great!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

shari said...

OMG I just found your blog and I love everything you do. I'm following you now, do you mind sharing with me what kind of seam binding you buy and use on your projects? I'd love to try making some, but don't know what to buy. Thanks so much, Shari (cricutrookie)
cricutrookie at aol dot com

Terry said...

Hiya my AMAZING teamie, I just LOVE everything about your vintagy TAG...love the colors, love the image it is soo darn cute and love what you did with the ribbon....Hugs Terry xxxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com