Saturday, February 5, 2011

Branching Out and Breaking Free

Welcome, once again, friends to my Saturday post for Our Creative Corner.  This week, our host is Lori Rider and she has a tough challenge for us.  She wants all of us to branch out by making a CAS card with a tree on it.  Now, you might not think that it is tough to make a CAS card, but I found it to be a major challenge.  My first card didn't make the grade.  I had it all made and even photographed it and uploaded it to a draft post on my blog, but decided it just wasn't me.  So I tossed it and went back to the drawing board.  And here's the result.  I like it much better than the first.  It still has my signature vintage feel to it, but I didn't rip up the edges and I didn't stitch on it.  And really not much in the way of embellies so I deem it CAS.  


I stamped the single tree from Lovely as a Tree three times using masking to do so.  Then I over-stamped the bird and branch from Tim Holtz's Urban Grunge set in Memento Tuxedo Black and clear embossed it.  I sponged the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink and created the sentiment on my computer.  The tag is a Spellbinders die, the black paper lace was made with a Martha Stewart border punch, the background Classified Ads stamp is from Wimsey Stamps and the buttons are SU.  The papers are Kraft, Whisper White and the gingham is from Jo-Ann.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I want to give a huge thank you to all my followers - both new and old.  I so appreciate your comments and encouragement.  I hope you will all stop by Our Creative Corner to see the beautiful CAS cards the team has made.  We would love to have you "Branch Out" with us this week.  








Challenges Entered:
Little Red Wagon - Use Kraft
Pixie Cottage - Buttons and/or Sketch
CCEE Stampers - Use Punches
Dutch Dare Card Challenge - Button, Button
Paper Play Challenge - Stamp in Out

30 comments:

mueppi said...

Wow.... Linda
your card is wonderful! I love it!
Hugs Gisela

Sian said...

Wow, it's beautiful, love the whole look - the stamping, colours and the embellies.
hugs

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as ever Linda, love the over stamping of the bird, and the colour theme is just goreous. Sue C x

Netty said...

Oh wow Linda you really do make the most delicious cards and this one is gorgeous. Annette x

Wendy Janson said...

Linda, you crack me up! This is a lovely card and you did a great job with the CAS. Like I said, everyone defines CAS differently. I LOVE the gingham prints--big fan! What a clever way to use that border punch! Great job!

Beverly G said...

Even with no sewing and no tearing this is a beauty.

Scrumplescrunch said...

The card is lovely Linda, could you tell me what CAS is? I have never heard of it.
Smiles:)

Sarah Gough said...

I love this one Linda! CAS means something different to everyone - I like your take on it a lot! Love the bird image over the tree.

marsha said...

WOW! Just love this Linda, so vintage - you are just so talented!
Hugs,
Marsha

Lori Rider said...

This is beautiful, Linda! I just love the way you stamped the tree and bird. Your colors are gorgeous and the embellishments are perfect - it's stunning!

Unknown said...

I think you did a fabulous job on this CAS card. I love that vintage feel you always have on your cards..

Hugs, Linda

Lori said...

Wow, the stamping on this is positively superb, I just love it! Beautiful card!

Vicki Burdick said...

Oh my Linda, this is awesome I just love your vintage style, I can look at this all day, the buttons the border punch the sentiment, all fabulous!!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hey Linda- I love your card, and the fact that you managed to make it CAS without compromising your style. Well done!

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful linda! i really love your style , i have been following you for a while now and you give me so much ispiration. thanks!

Conniecrafter said...

Love it, neat stamping idea and love all the ginham, great border and buttons, now you got me curious on the first card you did, wish you would have posted that one too :)

Miriam said...

LOVE this! Great way to use the border punch. The bird stamped over the trees is so sharp!

Kristin said...

I'm with you - CAS is hard! I love that you stayed true to your style and made the challenge your own while sticking to the paramiters. You are quite a talent! I promise to get your my photo this week - I've been out of town for nearly 10 days...

Sadilla said...

that's very smart, and chic... I like all the details, and the vintage look...
thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage
hugs
Sadia

Beth said...

Beautiful card - love the vintage feel and all the elements you have combined to create this gorgeous card!

Katie said...

Amazing card!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

Diane Gilbert said...

Linda I LOVE your CAS card!!! Beautiful job on this week's challenge!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is just amazing Linda. Superb use of image, papers and colours. Wonderful work.
Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage,
Sharon xx

CarlaKH said...

Fabulous as always my dear! Love the kraft papers. Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week!

Jen said...

What a beautiful card!!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is one gorgeous card. So nostalgic, so very rustic. I LOVE it. Thanks for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Yenni Natalia said...

What a gorgeous colour and design..i cant resist to become your follower :)

thanks for joining Dutch Dare Challenge. hope to see you again next week :)

hugs
yenni

artish said...

i agree 'CAS' is difficult when you are used to elaborate. your card is gorgeous! love the overlayed bird on a branch and your sentiment. kuddos!!!!!!!!

Deanna said...

Beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing.
Dee - LRW DT

Oliva Ohlson said...

I really really love this card! I just love the color combo and vintage look! Very striking!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com