Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gently Distressed

Thanks for stopping by today to view my sample for the weekly Our Creative Corner challenge.  We have a relaxing challenge for you this week.  At least we hope you will be relaxed when you finish your project for our challenge.  Our host, Sarah Gough, challenged us to De-stress by Distressing our card that we made following the OCC sketch.  You know, I almost always scissor distress my edges, right?  Do you believe I didn't do that for this challenge?  Yikes, I was so into the sketch that I forgot all about the distressing requirement.  Fortunately I always ink distress my edges so that allowed the card to meet the challenge requirements.  I almost ripped it apart and started on it with my scissors, but my team mates weighed in and nixed that.  So here is my very gently distressed card.
I saw the previews of this new Button Boutique stamp set by Papertrey Inc. and absolutely had to have it.  The website said it was being released on February 15th, so I checked the site at 12:00 a.m. on the 15th and sure enough it was there for purchase.  So I splurged and bought the stamp set and three coordinating dies.  I think I will be able to get quite a bit of use out of this sweet vintage set.

The Dets:
Paper:  Very Vanilla, MME Bella Bella and polka dot by Pink Petticoat, adjusted the color in PhotoShop Elements so it coordinated with the MME paper.  The coordinating solid colored mat was created on PhotoShop Elements also to match the MME paper.
Stamps:  Button Boutique and Birthday Basics from Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Blue Bayou, Antique Linen distress ink
Accessories:  Creative Memories corner rounder, lace doily cut with a Spellbinders' Scallop die, lace, ribbon and chipboard buttons made with Papertrey dies Buttoned Up 1 & 2 (scroll down to the bottomof the page)

That's it on the details.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Love hearing from you all and thank you so so much for continuing to support me.  I hope to see your beautiful distressed card following our sketch over on the challenge blog this week!

Challenges Entered:
The Shabby Tea Room -  Buttons and Bows
The Pink Elephant - Buttons, Lace, Ribbon
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Birthday
Stampin' for the Weekend - Monochrome
Rainbow Lady's Challenge - Shabby Chic

32 comments:

Heidi said...

Gorgeous!
Wonderful colours and design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Lori said...

Linda this is gorgeous, love all the texture, just a beauty!

Wendy Janson said...

Lovely, Linda! This is so soft and calming! Love your ruffled button embellishment. And I was thinking the center piece was all one but now I see it's lace and doily. Lovely! And I love the little HB at the bottom.

ellepaulette said...

This is so lovely! How perfect!

Lori Rider said...

How beautiful, Linda - your vintage card is gorgeous! The lace and doily are so pretty with your PTI button card. It all works really well together!

Christine said...

What a beauty! I love the flower.

Vicki Burdick said...

So beautiful Linda!!! Love the soft colors and the beautiful doily!!!

Beverly G said...

This is so lovely, very soft, and so true to your style.

Berni said...

What a beautiful card, it makes me want to buy a sewing machine!

Thanks for joining us over at SFTW

Hugs
Berni xx

Dee Jackson said...

This is really pretty! thanks for playing in the FTTC this week!

marsha said...

Linda, I just love this stunning vintage creation! The flower you created has left me drooling and I love the buttons! This PTI set is on my wish list now all because of you!
Hugs,
Marsha

Lori said...

That button card is a STAMP?? Holy crap, I thought it was the real deal. Awesome...Love your card, the whites with a hint of color is great, love it!

Beverly Montez said...

Linda, this is just beautiful!!
I just ordered a die that cuts out little button packets (or whatever they are called) from Papertrey Ink and a button die to go with it. They are very popular right now.
XO
Beverly

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Such a beautiful and bright card! And I definitely think that the "gentle distressing" works perfectly!

Beth aka BR-T said...

LINDA!!! This is phenomenal,wow!

Sarah Gough said...

Ohhh, that set's gorgeous! I love the lacey feel to this card, so pretty!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Gorgeous! I HAVE to get those dies and stamp sets!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous creation. It look so soft and pretty.. Hope you are enjoying your weekend..

Hugs, Linda

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, like that doily and lace combo and the pretty flower too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Linda. The blue is so pretty and I love those buttons! :o)

Kristin said...

This is so incredibly gorgeous! I love how you combined the doily and the lace together, and the colors are perfection!

Sarah said...

This one is a darling. Loving the subtle colours, composition and purity of it all.It works on all levels.
Thanks for visiting me and the kind words...can't believe the linky was wrong (forehead just hit the table... I thought I was going mad in my old age). What a night shift and then having to blog it all! Didn't make it to church today - needed a lie-in! Still, a deadline can do you good and now I have my Sunday to start on something new.
Thanks for all the inspiration, lovely work and fab blog.

Sarah (Sasa)
www.blueboxbabe.blogspot.com

Joy said...

Love how you use vintage images!

Maria said...

Very beautiful!!!

maxine said...

WOW this is stunning x

Irene said...

Hello Linda

A fabulous calm and serene card with such gorgeous colours,
absoloutely beautiful.

luv
irene
xxxx

Rainbow Lady said...

Stunning. Love the colour scheme and the lace is divine. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

Elisa64 said...

I love your card Linda !
They are my favorite colors
hugs

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Linda, this is just lovely, great colors and love the ribbon and flowers! Also, thanks for adding the tab for the updated challenges list - very useful!! So happy to have you play along with us this week at RAINBOW LADY'S Challenge:)

Gunn (Merete) said...

Hello
This is so lovely and elegant. Totally love this one.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Jen said...

Love this card, the lace, the blue, all of it. \gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
Jen x

Marian said...

Hello Linda...Today I made a card wich was totally inspired by you..I Just love your blog and the things you make.I have put my card on my blog with a link to you..You really get the credits for this..Thanks girl!

hugs,Marian

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com