Thursday, February 17, 2011

Friends Forever


Good morning!  Hope you are having a great week.  Today I have a card to share that I made as a guest designer for Do it With Digis.  This is one of my favorite images from the Prairie Fairy called A Helping Hand and sentiment is from Sentiments 4 You.  The challenge this time at Do it With Digis is a really lovely sketch challenge.  The papers are Pink Pirouette and Close to Cocoa from Stampin' Up! and the pink/brown digital paper is from Summertime Designs - Happy Mother's Day kit (I darkened the brown pattern with my PhotoShop) and the green digital paper is from Barely Mine Designs Vintage set.  The newsprint from which I die cut the butterflies is Classified Ads from Whimsey Stamps and has become a favorite go to stamp for me.  Too bad the sweet little butterflies don't show up well against that busy DP background.  
I hope you will stop over to Do it With Digis to check out the beautiful work of the design team and maybe participate by using this beautiful sketch.  Thanks for stopping by today!


Challenges Entered:
Oh La La - For Someone Special
Digital Tuesday - Use a Die Cut
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Use Three Patterned Papers

16 comments:

Kali said...

oooh wow, this card is so wonderful
many greetings
kali

Elisa64 said...

wowww ! I love your card Linda.
Very very beautiful

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh..so sweet,Love your color, and the digi is adorable. I haven't started using them yet..

Christine said...

Awwww, this is adorable!

Unknown said...

This is just so cute!!

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet image and coloring, love the way you embellished the butterflies and the cool stamp used on them!

tiggertastic said...

adore the metal on the butterflies, will have to try this. amazing work

Beverly G said...

Lovely colors--not to busy for me, everything carries the eyes around very pleasingly.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Beautiful Linda,
The image tells you everything.
Smiles:)

Yvonne Hagane said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! I love the way you`ve colored the image - it goes so well with the papers. Beautiful card!

marsha said...

A gorgeous design and choice of colors! I have this digi and have yet to ink it up!
Hugs,
Marsha

Unknown said...

Wow!! Linda, this is so gorgeous!! I love the distressed look and sweet image! The butterflies with designer paper are absolutely fabulous! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Wendi said...

What a beautiful card and image the colours are lovely
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Betty Wright said...

Linda, this is adorable and just so precious! Love how you incorpated the three patterns. The little metal flower on the butterfly is too cute! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC!


Your blog banners always look amazing and so shabby chic. Do you design those or someone else?

Anne-Marije said...

What a nice card!
Thanks for your participation in the Digital Tuesday Challenge...
xxx Anne-Marije

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Linda, wow, this is absolutely beautiful, the image, papers, lace and butterflies look wonderful. I watched a little of Tim Holtz on TV today and thought of your beautiful work, the distressing and shabby chic/vintage style is something I love to see.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com