Friday, February 25, 2011

It's a Beautiful Morning!



It is a beautiful morning here is in South Florida, about 66 degrees and sunny, but it will probably get hot by the afternoon.  It seems like spring is coming early - darn!  Winter is what living here is all about and we hate to see it go.

This fortnight at Fairy Fun Friday, we want you to be inspired by a song.  I wanted to do a song about spring, but couldn't find one I liked so I settled on It's a Beautiful Morning by the Rascals.  Yes, I'm definitely showing my age!  Here's my sweet little birthday card I made with the Prairie Fairy's Daffodils digital stamp.  The music notes are from an ancient Art Impressions stamp that comes in handy now and then.  I love the way the notes swirl around the flowers.  Noting too complicated on this card.  The DP is digital from Digital Delights, I used a couple of Spellbinders dies and got out  my Gold Mixative Adirondak Alcohol Inks and used it around the main panel and to change the silver brads to gold.  I also used some gold glass glitter to bling it up a bit.  The ribbon is from Stampin' Up.

Hope you will stop by the Fairy Fun Friday blog to be inspired by the other DT's songs and maybe be inspired to make a card for our challenge.  It's a fun one this week.







Challenges Entered:
Stamptaular Sunday - S.O.S. (someone special)
Incy Wincy Designs - Punches/Die Cuts
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Birthday
Fussy and Fancy - Embossing or Paper Piecing
Stampin' Bs - Use a Flower
Allsorts- Inspired by Nature
Crazy4Challenges - Use Dies
Drunken Stampers - Use Dies
Alota Rubber Stamps - Use Dies

19 comments:

Margreet said...

Hi Linda....wonderful card with those beautifully coloured daffodils...love that music stamp ad your bow is TDF....enjoy your weekend!
xxx Margreet

~ Kendra ~ said...

Such a beautiful card!!!! Love everything about it!

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Linda... wow! Love that bow and design. So nice to read that someone else likes Winter... we're heading for Autumn now and I can't wait... hugs Sharon

Céline said...

amazing card, love the papers and beautiful image!
thanks for sharing with us at Stamptacular sunday for our SOS challenge and with Fussy and fancy for our Paper piecing or embossing challenge
hugs
céline

Scrumplescrunch said...

Daffodils.....did you know Linda that they are the National Flower of Wales.(I am Welsh.)
So to see this card with music notes,
instantly flooded me with memories of my childhood. St Davids Day (March 1st) all the women wear a daffodil and all the men wear a leek. And we sing............Here in N.Z.there is no such thing, seeing this beautiful card was special.
It has a meaning for me, you probably did not realise this when you made it.
Smiles:)

Unknown said...

Linda, this is super Beautiful card and I love the fun touch with the music note! Gorgeous bow too!

Fleur said...

Hi Lynda this is so pretty. I love the nestie shapes,
Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Beverly G said...

This turned our very pretty. It was 82 here yesterday and 35 this morning, but I think you're right Spring is on the way. Good music never goes out of fashion :-)

Netty said...

Beautiful card Linda, have a great weekend. Annette x

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Linda this is superb, that image and ribbon look totally gorgeous, when I saw the title the first song that jumped into my head was the song from Oklahoma 'Oh What a beautiful Morning', I so love that film and it also shows my age, lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kelly said...

Wow you really wanted to make a big impression, LOL. I think your font is for the blind not just the visually impaired. LOL beautiful card!!

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous again Linda, love the image you've used and the design with that adorable bow. I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wow Linda! Super gorgeous card! Love the stamping, distressing and that beautiful bow! Great job! :D

xx Tracey xx

Ruth said...

What a beautiful card! Ruth x

Helene said...

Very pretty spring card. Thank you for joining the Alota Rubber Stamps Challlenge

Lori said...

Dang! Keep forgetting about that gold AI on paper, must write down...this is gorgeous, I love the flowers..

Beverly Montez said...

Hey Linda,
What a super card! Fantastic image and I LOVE the big ribbon!
XO
Beverly

Betty Wright said...

Linda, this is wonderful! Love the colors and detailing! Lovely card1 Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Flourishes FTTC and Stamptacular Sunday Challeges!

Tineke's hobby said...

what a gorgeous card lovely colours and i like that beautiful bow.Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy this week
Tineke

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com