Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shabby Envelope

I didn't have time to make a card this week so I am sharing one I made last September. This was my second ever attempt at a collage card and I was thrilled with the way it turned out! It is so soft and romantic. It was a real project from going through my stamps to find just the right vintage images to hunting down paper and ribbon. There there was making/stamping every little detail.
I first made the base of the card by layering Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel together. The edges of both layers were distressed using a pair of scissors and sponging with Creamy Caramel. When I am going for a real vintage look, I like to use scissors to distress the edges rather than a distressing tool. It rips the edges up a bit more and makes some actual tears in the paper. You can't really see it, but the Creamy Caramel layer was clear heat embossed with the Baroque Motiffs stamp from SU. I created the corners by cutting thin cardboard with the Cuttlebug Vintage Corners die, which I then embossed with gold EP. The "envelope" was made from some old Creative Memories paper by folding it into the shape of an envelope. I distressed the flap edges with a tool and by tearing them, then sponged all the edges with Creamy Caramel. After that, I used the Gentler Times stamp to gold emboss a filagree pattern along the flap edge. The sentiment is from the Verve Visual Asian Flair set. The llittle daisy flower was made with an old Creative Memories flower punch. The young girl's picture was stamped in Creamy Caramel from the Days Gone By set, as was the Honey Almond Cream "label". The inside of the card was also finished off with distressed layers and gold embossing from the Gentler Times set. I love both of these vintage Stampin' Up! sets.
Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Days Gone By, Gentler Times, Asian Times from Verve Visual
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip for the base, envelope is constructed from Creative Memories paper
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Versamark for embossing
Accessories: Gold EP, SU ribbon, a piece of gold net ribbon from my stash, SU button, the small flowers were embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and punched out with a Creative Memories punch and the brads are SU, Cuttlebug and Vintage die, machine stitching, random silk
Have a great weekend. Hope to see you back next week for a new card that I hope to get done during the week next week. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my vintage Shabby Envelope!


2 comments:

Priscilla said...

love the concept of this card...Just great and the ribbon bow is great how you puckered it with the stitchs

Conniecrafter said...

Wow this is just so awesome, love all the embossing, especially the idea with the corners and the image is great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com