Monday, March 30, 2009

Art or Trash?

We all know that one man's trash is another man's treasure. So what is grunge collage art? Is it art or is it trash? Let me know your thoughts on this kind of 'art'.

I really love making this type of art card with lots of distressing. I enjoy making a piece of ephemra from scratch, taking something new and making it look old. Here is a card that I worked on over the weekend. All images on the front panel are from Artistic Outpost. I stamped the image of the woman on Very Vanilla, cut it with my Nestabilities Tag Shape 3 die, sponged it with Creamy Carmel and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distressing ink and it was instantly aged! The 'photo' was stamped on Very Vanilla, the edges cut with deckle scissors and sponged with Creamy Carmel and Vintage Photo. I made a crease in it and sponged the crease to simulate an old photo.

Check out the butterfly and the flower embellishment. Both were coated with Versamark and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder was applied, heated and again, instant aging. They look like old, rusted metal. The new Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder is amazing and so much fun to use!

Here's the inside. Don't forget, you can click on the photo and it will open as a large photo display. That will allow you to really see the details.

Leave me a comment and let me you if you like this type of art or not.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Keeper by Artistic Outpost, Natural Beauty by SU, Laundry Line
Paper: Stampin' Up! Afternoon Tea DSP, Very Vanilla
Ink: Stewart Superior India Ink, Creamy Carmel (SU), Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Versamark, Blue Bayou,
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Labels 2 and Tag Shape 3 dies, Martha Stewart tripple scallop punch, SU circle punch, SU natural hemp, natural crochet thread, white embossing powder, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distressing Embossing Powder, metal butterfly from Making Memories, two flowers from Lost & Found jewelry findings, sewing machine, Prima flower, random silk flower

1 comment:

Sue McMahon said...

Another creative and beautiful card!! Great job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com