Monday, March 23, 2009

Easter Wishes


I made this card for Splitcoast Stampers Wednesday sketch challenge SC220. It's the sum and total of my stamping efforts for the entire weekend. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to participate this week. I wanted to use this Rubbernecker stamp before Easter so there was no problem deciding which stamp to use. Ditto for paper. I purchased this Crate Paper pack called Baby Bee a few weeks ago and love the soft spring colors. So that part was easy. The challenge for me came because I wanted to do something different and eye catching. Something that would make the viewer say 'Wow!" when they saw it. So I lingered over the design and deliberated and pondered, sigh. And unfortuntely, not much came from it. But I do love this lacy trim from the Chatterox artsy.licious line and the colors matched up perfectly. And Pumpkin Pie ink from SU also matched well as did the sentiments from the SU All Holidays set. Overall, I am happy with the way the card turned out, but it just doesn't have the zip and zing that I had hoped for. I'd give it a 7 on a 1 to 10 scale.
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker, Stampin' Up All Holidays
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Crate Paper Baby Bee, Watercolor paper for main image
Ink: Stamped - Pumpkin Pie, for watercoloring: So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink, More Mustard, Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac,
Accessories: Image stamped with Versamark and Stewart Superior India Ink, clear EP, Cuttlebug, Bloom Dots embossing folder, Long Rectangles Nestabilities, Martha Stewart border punch, Chatterbox artsy.licious ribbon/trim, Crystal Effects, bead caps, art pearls.
Wishing you many blessings on your week,


6 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

WOW! This is fabulous! I can't believe all the detail inside and out!

Sonya said...

I love your take on this sketch! The way you punched the tops of the strips was very creative and your stitching is divine. Great job, very pretty card!

Wendy Hall said...

Great card Linda, love the colors too!!

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog Linda. I have to stop by your blog more often. Your cards are just gorgeous. I really love this one alot!!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

I really love this card Linda, its so cheery and of course all the stitching is wonderful too! Michelle

Adair said...

These is beautiful! I absolutely love all the colors you used! This card makes me smile :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com