Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Another Rubbernecker image. This was made for SplitcoastStampers sketch challenge SC218. Isn't this sweet little bunny the cutest? I was in a spring mood and pink just seemed to be the right color for her dress and I branched out from there. The paper is from SU's Bella Rose designer paper pack. The bunny's shoes and eggs have been glazed with Crystal Effects and Stickles was applied to the ribbon on her hat. I gave a light coat of a shimmery mixture of LuminArte Simple Solutions 2 and LuminArte Metallic Mica Luster Pearl. It's hard to see the sparkle of the Stickles or the shimmer of the LuminArte in the photo but it really livens up the image.

The hardware is from Elite Better Beads (I believe they are called bead caps). I took an SU brad, snipped off the prongs and glued it to the bead cap. I think it makes a nice, interesting embellishment.

Both the upper and lower inside panels have been finished off. In keeping with the monochromatic color scheme I had going, I used the Pink Pirouette ink to stamp the Easter Blessings stamp which was also clear embossed. It was stamped on vellum and overlaid on a circle of Whisper White that had been run through the Swiss Dots CB folder. The bottom white panel was punched with a Martha Stewart Ribbon Threader punch and matching pink ribbon from Jo-Ann's ws treaded through and single knotted on each end.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Rubbernecker Bunny and Sentiment
Ink: To watercolor bunny: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Creamy Caramel, Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou and Lavendar Lace, Versamark and Pink Pirouette for the sentiment
Paper: Bella Rosa Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!, Pink Pirouette. Whisper White, vellum
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots embossing folder, Circle and Long Rectangle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart edge punch and ribbon threader punch, Elite Better Beads (from Michael's) and SU pink brads.

3 comments:

Allies Creative Designs said...

Linda, Oh I can say is WOW WOW WOW.
One of the most beautiful cards that I have seen. What talent that you have. I just love it!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my gosh...this is one of the prettiest cards I have seen in ages...BEAUTIFUL!

Sherry Cheever said...

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com