Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Take Me to the Sea

Hi everyone!  Today, the Artistic Outpost Design Team is sharing projects created with various Artistic Outpost plates.  I'm excited about participating in the hop.  I'm still in full summer seashore mode and have I created a project using Artistic Outpost's Beyond the Sea set.  I'll get to the details in a moment, but wanted to make sure you know that for more inspiration be sure to visit the Artistic Outpost Blog to see the other designers projects, or click their blog links 


Oops, I almost forgot to tell you...right now, Artistic Outpost has a great sale going on! Through Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:00PM EDT, you can save 20% on the stamp plates found in the Flowers and Gardening section on the Artistic Outpost website. More details can be found here. (Sorry, no rain checks, offer is for our retail customers only.) AO's parent company,Our Daily Bread Designs and sister company, North Coast Creations are also having a sale this week!

And now for the details on my project, I wanted sort of a watercolor, misty effect so I started with a half sheet of Ranger's Specialty Stamping paper and my Broken China ink pad.  I spread a little ink on my craft sheet, misted it and smooshed the paper into the ink letting it run a bit.  Then I added a few drops of Peeled Paint and let it run also.  The stamping was done by inking a stamp with Black Soot DI and misting the stamp to give a water color effect.  For the grass, I used the grass stamp from the Keeper set, also misting the stamp before stamping each time.  Then I misted the paper VERY lightly just to let it blur a bit.  I followed that by dipping a paint brush into watered down Peeled Paint and filling in some of the grassy areas with touches of green.  Next the sentiment and birds were stamped followed by some stenciling with embossing ink and the Bubbles stencil.  I sprinkled on Antique Linen distress embossing powder and heated it on.  
It seemed to be lacking something in the upper left corner.  I recently acquired these cool canvas die cuts from Prima.  They have a design embedded into them that shows up when you ink them.  I inked mine with Broken China and edged it with Vintage Photo.  I love the fun breeze movement it lends to the piece.  
Next a sand dollar was die cut with the new Sand and Sea die.  It was plain gray chipboard which I painted with Picket Fence distress paint and then embossed with Enamelware embossing powder.  A little cheese cloth and Broken China dyed crinkle ribbon add a bit more texture and interest and a memo pin with a bronze starfish charm finished it off.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you are joining us on the hop!


The product used to make this project are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Tim Holtz/Ranger and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP:


13 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

You've captured the power of the sea perfectly here Linda. Love that canvas flourish too. Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful card, full of the romance of the sea... I love that swirl of waves in the flourish, and the sand dollar is the perfect final touch.
Alison xx

Jackie PN said...

Oh Linda, such a most beautiful card! Love how you have the textures and the little elements you have added make you card just delish!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card Linda, I love the focal image and how you have embellished. Beautiful texture and design too. Tracy x

Jean Franks Beck said...

Absolutely love it! The perfect combo of textures and effects, and the stamping still shines.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Linda ... I feel swept away to the shore with this card. I almost feel the sea spray mist my skin just looking at it. Wow! Gorgeous background and I absolutely adore the starfish charm on the pin through your lovely bow. Makes me want to pack my bags head down the mountain to the sea!! -- Mary Elizabeth

Susan said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Love it.

Maryanne said...

I love the watercolor effect you created, Linda! I'm with you on still being in seashore mode! This is a wonderful card!

Terry said...

Oh to be there, Linda! I can almost feel the cooling sea breeze from your gorgeous card. I love that lighthouse against the beautiful sky and so pretty is the bow and sand dollar. Hugs.

Kate Yetter said...

Wow! The background is so serene and perfect for that stamp. Looks like a fabulous vacation spot. Beautiful!
Kate

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Linda, this is so pretty! I'm singing, can you hear me now?!! Such a romantic you are. xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful use of the AO stamps Linda! Love the misted background and the added embellies are just perfect!

Michele said...

lovely and inspirational piece! i so enjoyed this blog hop! xo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com