Saturday, July 19, 2014

Blessings Abound


Hello!  I know I've been MIA recently.  I've been back in Key West again for a 10 day vacation, enjoying the sun and the sand and a lot of cycling (I rode 200 miles this week :)  I made this tag ahead of time for my Artistic Outpost DT posting this week.  Exciting news too about Artistic Outpost - the store is open again under the new owners and they are kicking off with a sale starting Monday!

I started this tag with one of the jumbo manila tags that I sell in the boutique and white embossed the flowers from Flower Market.  I did a little stenciling with the Tim Holtz Schoolhouse stencil and Jet Black archival ink plus I inked up the text stamp from Paperboy and rolled it on very lightly.  Then it was sponged with a combination of Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn for the greens and Broken China for the blue and then had a little spritz 'n flick done to it.  I made a little flower with crinoline cut with the Mini Tattered Florals die and colored with Scattered Straw.  The ivy was cut with the Spring Greenery decorative strip die, stamped with the text stamp from Paperboy and spritzed with Perfect Pearls Biscotti spray.  

The sentiment is from the Flower Market set plus I second generation stamped a flower from Flower Market on the panel in Broken China.  I pulled a couple of tiny brass metal filigrees out of my stash for embellishments and topped the tag off with a piece of embroidered lace from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  

Thanks so much for dropping by today.   I'm always thrilled to have you stop by and/or leave comments.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!


The supplies below were used to create this tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger products are always 20% below MSRP.

7 comments:

Jane said...

I'm glad you had a lovley holiday Linda great to see you back. This is a lovely tag especially the sentiment and the embossed flowers. Enjoy the rest of the weekend x

Words and Pictures said...

Sounds as though you had a wonderful break, Linda - much deserved - and an active one too!

What a lovely, lovely tag - the delicate embossed flowers in that beautiful inky background are so pretty - this is just delightful.
Alison xx

Redanne said...

Wow Linda, you must be super fit - I so envy you that!

Your tag is a real beauty, full of gorgeous colours and wonderful detail. Anne xx

Anonymous said...

200 miles?? Well done you! I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday.
This is a beautiful tag, so fresh & summery.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So striking! LOVE the graduation of yellow to blue and all the gold embellies! Just beautiful!

Aspiring crafter said...

A very lovely tag with a wonderful sentiment!
XxxRuth

Unknown said...

OH--Key West? Did you go and visit Robert the Haunted Doll? I just had to ask :) Way to go on the riding! A couple of centuries on the bike odometer! AWESOME! (I used to ride all the time!)
I LOVE this beautiful tag, Linda! The little yellow crinoline flower is wonderful! Welcome home!! XOXO-Shari T.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com