Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Vintage Vacation



 Hello friends, I am back today with a card (yes, a card :) that I made for yesterday's kickoff of a new challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.  (I decided to wait to post it a day late because I had a blog hop going on yesterday for Artistic Outpost.)  This new challenge is being hosted by Nancy Dynes and she wants us to make a project with a vintage travel theme.  I, like most of my DT sisters, envisioned a vintage vacation to Paris for my make.  I started with an A2 size of white card stock and ran it through the Air Mail Texture Fade, then sponged it with Faded Jeans.  I wanted my vintage Paris piece to be girlie and I found the lovely vintage rose card on the Lilac and Lavender blog.  If you haven't visited Megan Berry before, you should.  She does absolutely amazing digital work with old vintage images.  And get gives it away free on her blog!

I let the rose image set the tone for the piece and in keeping with the girlie feel, I cut a really pretty lacy white doily with a Prima die (so sorry that they are out of stock in the store this week, but they are on order and should be back in stock soon).   I added a flower to the doily, made by die cutting white CS with the Tattered Flowers decorative strip die and colored with spun sugar and diluted Victorian Velvet.  And an ivy cut with the Spring Greenery die sets the flower off beautifully (I am SO addicted to that greenery die!).  I grabbed Tim Holtz's Ephemera packs - I have both the Thrift Shop and the Expedition packs and I'm afraid they have gotten combined so I don't know where these images came from but I suspect they were from the Expedition pack.

The ticket was cut with the Ticket decoratve strip die and stamped with one of the ticket stamps from Odds and Ends.  I stamped the sentiment #memories with the #hashtags set and added the "travel" rub-on.  A pretty rose dome cabochon and a lovely little filigree key with a tiny scrap of Faded Jeans dyed seam binding from the shop finished off the panel very nicely.

Next I needed to figure out how to mat it.  I looked through my patterned paper stash but did't find anything suitable so I decided to go with stripes  I used Wendy Vecchi's Yipes Stripes stencil and sponged it with Faded Jeans.  I love the way it looks as a backing for my panel.

That's it for now.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed my vintage travel card!










These products were used to make the above card and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Ti Holtz, Wendy Vecchi and most other name brand products are always 20% under MSRP.                                    

12 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant card Linda, love how you used the vintage ephemera, so beautifully layered, making for a great composition, love the background too, brilliant!

Annie said...

A beautiful card Linda :-) love the stripes and stunning collage. TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Jenny Marples said...

Absolutely stunning Linda! LOVE the striped background to compliment the embossing and all that wonderful ephemera. Gorgeous. Jenny x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Stunning creation Linda,looks really vintage and nostalgic. I think you have made my mind up about those emphemera packs,must get one after this beauty :)

Hugs
Donna x

Rebecca Deeprose said...

This is a spectacularly beautiful card!!! I love the stenciled striped background and the cluster of ephemera. Gorgeously vintage with a contemporary twist! ((hugs)), Rebecca

Pam said...

Love this, Linda! So many lovely elements. Gorgeous work!

Maryanne said...

This card is beautiful, Linda! I love the stripe background and I love that rose image.

Anneke said...

Beautiful vintage card. Love the Colors you have used.
Thanks for showing Anneke.

Unknown said...

Linda, this is a very PRETTY vintage travel card... love the FLOWERS of course (I am a flower lover plus!) and the color you chose for the background is so very outstanding... Love the entire card.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Nancy Dynes said...

What a gorgeous card, Linda! your color palette, design, and embellishments are complete vintage/shabby eye candy. The minute I saw it I had the immediate urge to scrap lift-lol!! Breathtaking!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Pamellia said...

This is just fantastic! I love the blue and pink combo and all the roses are so lovely! I especially love the little rose epoxy, the perfect final touch! :)

Sue said...

A great card. The elements work brilliantly and make for an interesting collection.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com