Sunday, July 6, 2014

Finding Serenity

Greetings!  I'm here again with my Sunday Artistic Outpost post, this week looking for a little serenity with the Artistic Outpost Serenity set.  Love this set!  I started with a jumbo manila tag, sponging it with Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn for the greens and Peacock Feathers for the blue sky, then I spritzed it a bit with Perfect Pearls Perfect Pearl mist to give it a little sheen.  Once I had the background laid down, the stamps from the Serenity set were stamped in Jet Black archival.  

I cut a piece of card stock that had been sponged with Walnut Stain and the Woodgrain stencil with the Courtyard Frameworks die and embellished it with several filigree metal pieces.  The sentiment was stamped on a book page that had been brushed with gesso.  I finished it off with a stencil mark, key and tiny heart.  You can find most of the products used here in my on-line boutique The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you find some serenity this week!


These products were used to make the above tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Tim Holtz/Ranger and most other name-brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

6 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Beautiful Linda. A rustic gem which captures the calm in the middle of the storm. Love it. Jenny x

Martina said...

This is a beautiful piece...every detail is perfect. Standing O from me!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Linda!! This tag is gorgeous through & through--Love the quote (amen to that!) and the colors that you chose are very serene and calming. Lovely!! XOXO-Shari

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! So true as well! Love the scene and all the embellies!

Brenda Brown said...

A delightful tag Linda which oozes a wonderful serene feel to it. Have a great week xx

Aspiring crafter said...

I love this tag Linda , great colours .
Good to see how you have used the frameworks die. I have one but have not really used it much, so this helps me!
XxxRuth

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com