Saturday, July 26, 2014

Summer's Serenity

This week I was swept away by the sweet serenity of summer and have made a tag using the Artistic Outpost Serenity set.  Starting with a jumbo manila tag, I brushed it with gesso and then sponged it with sunny Mustard Seed.  Then Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste was stenciled on and when dry, was sponged with Walnut Stain plus a little Walnut Stain was sponged around all the edges.  The stamping was done with Potting Soil archival ink, both on the tag and a scrap of vellum.


The sentiment banner was first stamped with the sentiment, then the flourish from Serenity was stamped with embossing ink and clear embossed. Once that was done, it was sponged with Walnut stain.
I used Vintaj paints to give the peacock a verdigris patina.   My tag was finished off with some of my favorite filigree metals from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Hope you are having a serene summer weekend.


8 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

these are not colours I use and yet this tag is gorgeous ...lve the background you have created x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the peacock.

Juliz Design Post said...

An elegant tag.
Julie x

Maryanne said...

What a lovely tag! I love the peacock and the colors are beautiful and capture late summer perfectly.

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful! The peacock looks amazing as does the stunning texture on the background! Beautiful tag!!

Unknown said...

WOW Linda!! I thought your base tag was wood!! The way you've layered your paints are stunning!! LOVE that little patina peacock! It's the perfect burst of color on this Gorgeous tag!! XOXO-Shari

Viv said...

You know I think everything you do is awesome, Linda but I just LOVE this so much! The colours are fab and the peacock is gorgeous.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Linda ... this is absolutely lovely! I really love the effect of the Mustard Seed DI over the gesso. That peacock is amazing ... you did such a gorgeous coloring job on it. I adore this! - Mary Elizabeth

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com