Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sprint Towards Your Dreams



I'm back today to share with you one of the pieces I made for the recent Artistic Outpost release.  When I was making the release samples, I made this one to fit this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner called Over the Edge.  Tui Nathan is our hostess again this week and she wants us to create something that flows over the edge.

I began by cutting a white cardstock tag and a chipboard tag with the Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplates die.    Then I stamped the images from Industrial Chic and Charles and Ameila in Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and then clear embossed them.  If you have a nice juicy pad and you hustle, you can emboss with the archival ink.  Then I did one of my favorite Tim Holtz techniques over the entire tag - rusted enamel using Antique Linen and then Vintage Photo inks.  The license tag is also embossed Archival Ink sponged with Antique Linen.  I repeated the process with the FLY tag I made but that stamp didn't have a border around it so I carefully edged it along the Jet Black Archival Ink pad and then clear embossed the entire piece, then sponged with with more Antique Linen.

The gears were cut with the Gadget Gear die, the large one was painted with Walnut Stain crackle paint and the smaller one coated with Weathered Wood Distress Embossing Powder.  The letters for ADVENTURE were cut with the Vintage Market die from back CS and coated with Glossy Accents.  The airplane background on the tag was second generation stamping using Ranger Sepia Archival Ink and the tag was cut with a very old Spellbinders die.  I used a Tim Holtz ball chain for my tag pull as well as a grungy washer picked up in parking lot.

So there you have the details on this little tag.  Thanks again for stopping by.   Now it's time to scoot on over to our Creative Corner to see what kind of mojo starting inspiration the other designers have in store.





11 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Lots of wonderful elements on this Tag Linda.
Smiles:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gorgeous inspiring Tag...Mel :)

Pam said...

This is gorgeous & so inspiring! I can see it on a graduation card. Love your work! I really like the additions to your Etsy shop, too. Any kits planned>

Tui Nathan said...

What can I say ... fabulous as always Linda ... loving all the elements here, I love the fact that a grungy washer found in the car park didn't go astray ... brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

Fab tag Linda, love how you've used the letters around the circle. 1st parcel arrived today, yippee ! Everything so beautifully wrapped I was loathe to undo it ! Sue C x

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Interesting tag with all the elements you have on it. Really like the sentiment too.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is so rock'n awesome!!! Love all gears and the lettering around it is genius!!! So masculine and cool!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the letters Linda, very effective. The background is gorgeous and looks so textural. a fantastic tag with wonderful details. Tracy x

Anne Marie Hile said...

As soon as I saw this I could hear that Frank Sinatra song in the background..."Come fly with me, come fly, come fly away..." This is awesome as always, Linda! So many great details put together with your signature style. Love it! Hugs! :)

MarcyK924 said...

FABULOUS tag, Linda! The letters in the round are amazing! I love all your elements! Hugs, Marcy

Vicki Burdick said...

Fantastic tag Linda! Love all the elements and the washer is so cool!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com