Thursday, February 23, 2012

Deets on Artistic Outpost Release Cards


Hello and thanks for stopping by.  I'm back today to share the details on two of the cards I previewed yesterday with the February Artistic Outpost release.  This one is very much a departure from my normal style, but I certainly enjoyed making it and am happy with it as a first attempt.  I get a lot of blog hits from Pinterest and sometimes I click on the link to see who has pinned my work and what other work they have on their board.  Pinterest is so wonderful and I see a lot of amazing work that way.  Last weekend Pinterest brought me to this blog.  I just love the way she collaged all of her elements together and decided to give it a try.

A piece of thick chipboard was cut with the Vintage Cabinet Card and Gadget Gears dies and painted with Expresso Paint Dabber.  Images from the London Elements set were stamped with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink on canvas and glued to the cabinet card with Claudine Hellmuth's Multi Medium Matte.  Then I mixed up a glaze with a little water, a couple of drops of Vintage Photo reinker and more Multi Medium and liberally brushed it over everything.  When dry, I repeated the step, building it up around the edges.  I did that a couple more times, even coating the twill.  When dry, I dripped/painted a little Expresso Alcohol Ink around the edges of the canvas and on the elements.  The big stain you see is from here I dripped it on, but decided that was too much so then I went to brushing it on.  But I liked the variation between heavy and light so I left it.  The gears also had a couple of brushings with the multi medium matte glaze.  I mounted the whole piece on a sheet of corrugated cardboard.


And now a few deets on the main card I shared yesterday.  I made vintage looking photo using one of the Diesel Punk images, masking it and stamping the engine plans stamp from Industrial Chic set.  All black stamping here was done with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.  The gear is just plain chipboard covered with Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and when dry I went over it with Vintage Photo Distress Stain.  The speed limit sign was coated with one coat of UTEE and then sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I used a sheet of Tim Holtz's Kraft Core Core'dinations paper, ran it through the gears embossing fade and then sanded it.  The word stamp is from the Artistic Outpost Bluebird set, which is one of my all time favorite AO sets.

That's it for today.  I'll be back tomorrow to share the details on another card I made for the release.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.


Challenges Entered:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - London, Paris or New York

Products Used:

15 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

I never get tired of looking at your work! Isn't Finnabair incredible? I got to see her work up close at CHA and it's just amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your techniques - can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE this creation!!!!! Love the look of this diesel punk style!!!!

May said...

Beautiful Linda, your work to me is always stunning , your detail is fabulous, Hugs May x x x

Yvonne Garner said...

Just love all the detects on your pieces! Bravo!

Deb Neerman said...

These are fabulous ... I love these AO images and the way you've put them together is extraordinary!

Heidi Crowl said...

I'm with Shelly! Linda, I never tire of looking at your work. You put pieces together in a way that makes every piece looks like it is EXACTLY on this earth where it should be placed. Thanks for sharing and for entering our Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge for London!

:) Heidi

Handmade_by_MaDe said...

Amazing!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous Linda, love all the details on your pieces and I really love the film strip, very effective and it's fabulous to have you joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, THANK YOU x x

Candy C said...

Linda, your two pieces you're show casing on your blog are awesome! I love the vintage London piece! And the diesel punk card is equally as detailed and cool! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Nancy Wethington said...

These are beautifully done! I love the vintage feel of both of these. Your technique and design is flawless. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Gillian .... said...

So good to see your makes showcasing the new AO stamps Linda, love the vintage London look, stunning art work as always. x

Sarah said...

Vintage at it's best - you and AO are a perfect pair...love these caeds bog time - great composition and fab colours Linda...and of course...Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

Terry said...

Hey there Linda, wowzersss love your London piece of Art and your Diesel Punk piece of art is georgous wowwzersss your detaills are just fabulous. Another stunning job Linda, thanksss for sharing it with us sweetie. Hugs Terry xxxx

Nancy said...

Linda, these are wonderful!!! I've so missed seeing your creations - been so busy, I'm behind with most everything. (lol)

Алексровер Анна said...

It is difficult for me to create something for men, always want to use a flower, etc. but your work is so professional, the tecnique and style are great!!! Excuse for my English, best wishes from Russia!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com