Sunday, November 2, 2014

Yuletide Greetings


Hello and welcome! Linda here with a Christmas card using the Midwinter set, which I dearly love. I started with Wendy Vecchi's Basically Bricks stencil and Tim Holtz's texture paste.  When it was dry, I colored it a bit with Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain distress inks.  The window was cut from chipboard and sprayed with Walnut Stain Distress Spray.   I stenciled on the woodgrain stencil from Tim Holtz.   The lovely midwinter scene is perfect for looking out a window at - so peaceful.   I stamped it with Potting Soil archival and created the snow with Glossy Accents and Clear Rock Candy distress glitter.

I used the new Holiday Greens die for cutting the evergreen. The pine ones and the sentiment were both stamped using the Midwinter set and Potting Soil ink. I used one of the new Tim Holtz Thinlits Label dies to cut the panel for the sentiment.  One lone pearly acrylic snowflake from my shop was used to embellish the card.  Now, in retrospect, I wish I had used some of the Rock Candy glitter on the pine needed to give them a little pop of sparkly snow.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you are having a wonderful fall weekend.








The following products were used to make the card above and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Ranger/Tim Holtz and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lovely card! Very creative!

Terry said...

I saw this beauty of AO's FB page and just LOVE it to pieces, Linda! The brick work and wood window frame with that snow scene is gorgeous! Hugs!

sally said...

A beauty!

Sally

Juliz Design Post said...

A gorgeous card Linda and I adore your bricks and window frame.
Julie x

Anneke said...

Beautiful wintercard. love your design Anneke.

Karen B. said...

Stunning card!
Hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com