Monday, November 3, 2014

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #6


Oh my, we are half way through the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  Do you realize it's now only six weeks until Christmas.  Are you playing along?  Better get crackin'!  And it's terrific to see that a number of you are keeping up with the weekly postings!  If you are new to this challenge, it goes on until December 21s and you can play in any order at any time. You just have to have your holiday projects linked up by December 21st. You can find all the challenge requirements in this post and I hope you'll play along.

This week I went with vintage sepia tones for another monochromatic tag.  It wasn't planned to do a monochromatic color scheme two weeks in a row, it just happened.  I'm not big on planning out my projects.  I start with an idea and it just goes from there.  This is what resulted for week #6.  Starting with a jumbo tag from my shop, I stamped it with Potting Soil ink and the script stamp from Apothecary, then sponged it with Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo DIs.  Two On the Edge Distressed Doilies were cut and also aged with Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo.  A panel of white CS was embossed with a texture fade and also aged.  I misted the panel with Biscotti Perfect Pearls mist, distressed the edges and sewed it onto the tag.  A snowflake was cut with the new Layered Snowflake die and also embossed with the accompanying texture fade.  This piece was aged with Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo also.  Flower layers were cut with the Tattered Flowers decorative strip tie and holly leaves were cut with the Festive Greenery decorative strip die.  The sentiment was cut with the Stacked Words:  Christmas decorative strip die.  Tiny pearlized snowflakes from my boutique were added in a flourish pattern.

That's it for this week.  As always, I hope you can find something to inspire you and play along with me!  Thanks so much for stopping by and for any comments you care to leave!








The following products were used to make the above tag. They can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

8 comments:

Pam said...

This is gorgeous, Linda!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

I love all the elements you used in this tag! And that Apothecary script stamps is my favorite stamp to use!!!! Great Tag...pinned :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Just gorgeous! LOVE the stitched layer and all the embellies!

Lisa Minckler said...

OH BOY! Smack my fanny and call me happy...this is GORGEOUS!! There are so many beautiful and rich elements here. The mind just can't help but imagine the possibilities. You've created another tantalizing and stunning tag. I love the challenge you've set for us this week too!
See you soon.
hugs,
Lisa x

Darlene G said...

Very nice tag. Love it and very inspiring.

Viv said...

Great elements again in this tag Linda. Love it. x

craftytrog said...

Another beauty Linda! A great design, & I love those rich brown tones.
Happy Friday!
Alison xxx

Jen said...

Beautiful tag Linda!! I love the background color and all the pretty snowflakes! Thanks for the inspiration!
Jen :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com