Monday, November 17, 2014

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #8

Click twice to zoom in for details.
Hello and welcome back to Week 8 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style. It's hard to believe that we are already 2/3rds through this 12 week challenge!!  Before long, we will be bumping right up against Christmas!  Have you played along yet? If so, thank you so much and if not, what are you waiting for???  There are still 5 more weeks before the deadline of December 21st.  You can read about the challenge and the requirements in the Week #1 post.  

This week I have another homespun type of card - a hand knit stocking to share with you.  I really LOVE the new Tim Holtz holiday knit stencil and stamp set!  There is a coordinating Holiday Knit texture fade as well, but I did not use that here.  

As always, I started with one of the jumbo manila tags from my Funkie Junkie Boutique and embossed the Holiday Knit stencil with Tim Holtz Texture Paste.  When it was dry, I sprayed it with Peeled Paint spray distress stain and then gave it a couple of quick mists with the Tarnished Brass spray stain too.  (I am so hooked on Tarnished Brass spray!).  After drying the sprays with my heat tool, I went over the high points with Vintage Photo DI.  LOVE the way the background turned out.   That sprayed on Tarnished Brass adds so much!

Next I created the stocking.  The die has separate parts for the top and toes of the stocking.  I stamped them with Potting Soil archival ink and Wendy Vecchi's Reverse Dots background stamp.  The main body of the stocking was stamped with a stamp from the Holiday Knits set in Vermillion archival ink.    For dimension, I die cut a chipboard base for the stocking and glued the stamped pieces on top of it and then added some baby rick rack.  

Products to create this tag are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
The sentiment is from Mini Holidays 5 stamped in Vermillion archival ink on a tag cut with the Thinlits tag die set.  I added three of the tiny bronze jingle bells and tied the on with some burlap string.  
My snowflake was cut with the new Paper Snowflake set from manila CS and edged with Vintage Photo DI.  I took the Holiday Knit stencil and stenciled on the styled flower right in the center of one of my snowflakes.  

And that's it for another week of Christmas inspiration.    I can't wait to see what you decided to make!


These products were used on the project above and can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Ranger/Tim Holtz and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.





10 comments:

Pam said...

What a fabulous tag! I think this one is my fave so far. I love that stocking & the knit stencil looks awesome on it. Fabulous colors & of course, I adore the jingle bells on your twine bow. Fabulous, Linda!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful homespun Christmas! You are really challenging me to think outside the box!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Great Tag Linda! I cannot wait to get that stencil. I love the little stocking and your tagged sentiment is a great touch!

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh boy....the ideas in my head are rolling now! You are terrific at making me productive. This is a top favorite of mine Linda. The tradition of stockings is one of my favorites. Looking forward to this one too! This tarnished stuff you speak of has my interest peaked!
hugs,
Lisa x

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Super cute tag!

Nikki Acton said...

Great tag! Love the stencil, colours and design. Nikki xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning!! I so love the homespun feel of this one and I adore how you did the stocking, brilliant background and embellishing too. This is one of my favourites so far, love it!!

Unknown said...

Linda, these 8 weeks of tags from your 12 Tags of Christmas challenge have been SPECTACULAR!! Each tag has your signature style and flair and I really hope to get my Christmas crafting mojo in full gear to make all 12 tags and participate in this GREAT challenge!! Thanks so much for all of your inspiration, Linda!! XOXO-Shari

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tag Linda!! Love the stocking and the background. Thanks for the inspiration! Jen

Jenny Marples said...

Combining the stocking with the Holiday Knit has been an inspired move. Love this tag. Jenny x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com