Sunday, February 2, 2014

Vintage Valentine

Tis the season to be making and giving Valentines so for this week's Artistic Outpost DT piece I thought I would play around with some hearts.  I started with a half sheet of white card stock (8.5x5.5) and stamped the Eiffel Tower from the Artistic Outpost Paris Exposition plate and the script stamp from Artistic Outpost Secretary plate onto it in black archival.  Then using the new Hearts stencil from Tim Holtz, I stenciled hearts using Vintage Photo DI.  I actually did the stenciling in quarters of the pane at a time because I wanted to clear emboss.  Distress Ink can be used as embossing ink if you get the EP on quickly.   With that in mind, I did one quarter, embossed, moved the stencil to the next quarter, embossed, etc.  I really like the look of the embossing over the background stamping. The heart was cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities heart die and stenciled using the Prima Flourish stencil and White Wendy Vecchi Embossing paste. Once dry, I sponged the high points with Vintage Photo DI.   The flower is a combination of card stock and crinoline.  I cut the bottom layer from the Jumbo Tattered Florals die, a couple from Tattered Florals and two from the Tattered Flowers Decorative Strip die.  They all work beautifully together.  Owning all those dies allows for so many flower size and shape combinations.

The banner was hand cut, inked with Frayed Burlap, stamped and then misted with Heirlook Gold Perfect Pearls.   The sweet little cupid was cut from gray chipboard with the Mini Love Struck M&S die set, painted white and and then glittered with that fabulous Antique Linen distress glitter, using glossy accents.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you are having a great weekend.








The supplies below used to make this project can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Ranger/Tim Holtz and other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.



7 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love this tag like how you embossed the Cupid in gold and the flower is stunning

Maryanne said...

I've been thinking of doing a Valentine card for my husband using the sepia tones and wondered how it would look. Well, now I know that your card looks fabulous! I love the embossed heart background. And, the flower is beautiful. And, that golden cupid is wonderful!

Redanne said...

Linda, this is so very beautiful, I love that you did the hearts in a non traditional colour and they look amazing with the embossing. The flower is just perfect - Tim has spoiled all of us with all these beautiful tattered floral dies! Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely scrumptious sepia colours and those embossed hearts are wonderful - fabulous Valentine!
Alison x

Candy C said...

Linda...your vintage Valentine is so pretty! I always love your work. It's got such an elegant quality to it. This one is really neat with the embossed heart background. I love Tim's new Hearts stencil. And your tattered floral flower is gorgeous! I also love your die cut and embossed heart and the glittered cupid. Really a beautiful assemblage of elements to create a beautiful Valentine! <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the hearts background & the cupid & large heart look wonderful.

Jenny Marples said...

Every detail on this is superb. I love those embossed hearts on the background, the shabby chic flower and that stencilled heart. What a joy to see. Jenny x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com