Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jumbo Tattered Flower

I'm back again with more handmade flowers for week two of Jenny's challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.  I decided to go really tattered this time, using canvas, vintage net and burlap.  I cut the largest flower layers with the Jumbo Tattered Florals XL die and the smaller ones were cut with the Tattered Florals Bigz die.  All the layers were colored with a mix of rubbing alcohol and Vermillion archival reinker.

The background for my tattered flower was created using a half sheet of Ranger Speciality Stamping Paper.  I mixed rubbing alcohol with Vermillion and Coffee archival inks.  A bit of stamping was done with Jet Black Archival Ink using Wendy Vecchi's Vintage Mesh and the ledger stamp from A Form of Art.  I also stenciled using the new Add a Stencil and Jet Black Archival.  The stamping is from the Seriously Art set.
The leaf branches were made using Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste to which I added a couple of drops of Bundled Sage reinker.  

I hope you will stop by Frilly and Funkie to see the wonderful handmade flowers the rest of the team is sharing.  And I hope you will make a few of your own and join our challenge!

Thank you for stopping by today!







These products used to make the piece above can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Tim Holtz/Ranger and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP:



19 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Stunning. I wanted to leave it at just that one word Linda as the whole visual effects are so beautiful xx

Jenny Marples said...

What a joyful tattered flower on that Wendy inspired background Linda. Such a beautiful tag. Jenny x

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is stunning, the gorgeous tatters of the flower just make it sing ! Loveit! Hugs trace x

rachel said...

so pretty - the flower is gorgeous and the background just amazing xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning ( a word that everyone seems to use...but I could not find a better one) The different textures on the flower look amazing, such beautiful piece!

Maryanne said...

The colors in this piece are beautiful. I love the background colors! And, your flower is fantastic! So, stunning!

Darlene G said...

Oh my gosh, how beautiful.

Lisa Minckler said...

If that isn't the most poignant phrase and so well needed for me right now...I don't know what is. I've been away for a bit but finally have the entire to peruse my favorite happy places and wanted to come over and see what you've been up to!
Hope you're doing well. I am enjoying myself thoroughly as I see your creative mind hard at work on all your latest posts.
Thank you for making my morning Linda and hugs to you.
Lisa x

Nicole Wright Designs said...

OK I see we both can't get enough of this big beautiful flower! I just posted on my blog and am playing along. Beautiful inspiration for the challenge!

Redanne said...

A much used word from me to Linda - stunning! Anne x

Cec said...

Gorgeous project with that wonderful shabby flower as a focal point. of course, I love the background too.
Hugs!
Cec

Nancy Dynes said...

Linda, your project is over the top beautiful!! I am always inspired by the layers you create with your stamping and inking techniques, and the flower adds so much gorgeous texture!
Hugs,
Nancy

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Such a beautiful flower!!! Just love this pretty card!!

Anonymous said...

That's so beautiful. The flower looks gorgeous against that amazing background.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Good luck to you and your endeavours.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

wendy vecchi said...

this is so pretty!
love the background lots!

marda said...

LUV the flower. I'll add to the list of those calling it "stunning." It is that for sure.

Words and Pictures said...

Bold bright and oh-so-beautiful, Linda - wow!
Alison xx

Lori said...

Love it! Gorgeous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com