Sunday, February 9, 2014

Getting' Inky...


...makes me happy.  Yep, I've been playing again, just messing around and this is the outcome for my weekly post over on the Artistic Outpost blog.  I've been so so busy with all the tasks required to keep my little boutique running that I haven't had any time to plan out designs for my weekly makes.  I headed to a cycling event on Saturday.  I had to get this done and posted before I left so just dove in and started stamping and embossing and sponging.  I pulled out some Artistic Outpost vintage style stamps (Whimsical Melange and Ephemeral Backgrounds) and stamped them with Jet Black archival ink, then did a bit of clear embossing. Next came sponging using distress inks - Wild Honey, Crushed Olive, Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo with just a few pumps of water from a mister bottle to make the ink react.  Everything was starting to come together but it still needed a bit more so out came the new Tim Holtz Latticework stencil, stenciled on with Vintage Photo and then finished off with a few black doodle lines around the edges.
For my focal image I used one of the images from Whimsical Melange, grabbed a piece of left over rusty wire mesh that was floating around my craft desk and glued it down with Multi Medium Matte as a backdrop for my butterflies.  Then I pinned my butterfly "specimens", using the pin to hang my sentiment tag on.  The specimen number tag was computer generated.

I hope your weekend is fantastic and that you are getting some crafting time.  Thanks so much for taking time to drop by for a visit!









Products used to make this tag - available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

8 comments:

rachel said...

fabulous tag Linda - wonderful xx

Words and Pictures said...

Can absolutely understand why making this made you happy - it makes me happy just looking at it!
Alison xx

Maryanne said...

I love this, Linda! I love the rusty screening. It's perfect with the butterfly "specimens" pinned to it!! It's a fantastic tag!

Brenda Brown said...

It looks fabulous Linda and came together so well with a lovely blend of colours and images and the mesh looks perfect as a backdrop for the butterflies. Great job xx

Dagmar said...

Oh it's so beautiful!!! Hugs, Dagmar.

Redanne said...

Your tag is beautiful, I love the background colour and the way you have used the wire, reminds me that I have not used mine yet! The butterflies are particularly lovely. Anne xx

Primitive Seasons said...

I'd love to know where those words come from, I mean what stamp?? You did gorgeous work on that tag.

Mary

Terry said...

Love your getting inky, Linda! Beautiful mix of colors and images! You always add such wonderful layers! Hugs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com