Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Simple Pleasures


Hello and welcome to the Artistic Outpost March blog hop.  This month the designers are featuring images from the Lovely Day stamp set.  I was so happy to use this set because it is perfect for the spring like mood I am currently in.  The first thing I did was create a background by scoring 2" diamond shaped squares on white CS with my Score-Pal.  Then I stamped the lovely tulip image with Vintage Photo DI in each of the squares and colored them with my Copics.  The designer paper is all digital - the gingham from Raspberry Road and the striped from Pin Petticoat.  I used to Tim Holtz decorative strip dies that I sell in my shop - the Tattered Banners and the Vintage Lace dies - love them both!  The pretty floral button and the burlap twine are also sold in my shop.  The vintage style crepe paper that I so love will be coming to my shop soon in a rainbow of colors.  

That's the scoop on my card.  Now it's time to hop over to Tracy Evan's blog. I know Tracy has been hard at work making something outrageously awesome for this hop.  Here is the blog roll in case you get lost or want to join in.  


Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Products Used:



16 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Linda! Oh this is so pretty and spring like! I love how you scored the background and your color choices are just so sweet. Love the gingham paper, the special button and that crepe paper ruffle. Perfection! Bravo!! Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Perfect spring card!

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

It is a very pretty spring card :)

Suzanne C said...

Happy & Beautiful card! Love the yellow tones on your card! Pretty button, papers and embellishments!

Renee said...

The button really sets it off nicely. Very pretty card.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card, thank you so much for sharing it.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

This card is gorgeous Linda, I love how you put everything together. You must let me know when you get your crepe paper, it's gorgeous on your card. I love love your clever background too and the button is stunning. Tracy x

Lynn Stevens said...

Such a sweet card!

Conniecrafter said...

Very cool stamped and scored background and just love the crepe and button!

Heidi said...

Linda, this is beautiful. I looooove the crepe paper!

Heidi said...

Linda, this is beautiful. I looooove the crepe paper!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful spring card! Love your stamped background and added button!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow, adorable! Luv what I shall call "foofalah", great additions and oh so funkie!

Holly said...

I am a fan of crepe paper on cards. Love how you used it here

Jen said...

What a beautiful card Linda! I love the bike and the quote!!

Jen :)

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

simple elegance!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com