Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shabby Dreams

Good morning, friends!  So glad you stopped by.  I'm here to share my Saturday post for Our Creative Corner.  This week, Lori Rider is hosting and she has a lovely sketch for us to follow - it's sure to get your creativity jump started. 
Here is my interpretation of the sketch.  It seemed that most of the rest of the team had a die that they cut the edges with for the scalloped part.  I have just one Punch Around the Page border punch but it's not the right size so I decided to go really shabby and just tear the edges.  I thought a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't done that in awhile and jumped at the chance.  

I started out with a square piece of music sheet CS and applied Golden Fiber paste fairly thin because I wanted texture but also wanted the music to show through.  I used four filigree metal squares from my Etsy shop for the bottom layer of the four shapes.  I white embossed them and then sanded the high points to give them a shabby worn enamel feel.  The top squares are cut with Spellbinders Labels 1 dies, the smaller squares were stamped with Tim Holtz's Papillon set in Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs.  The top square was stamped with a sentiment from Tim Holtz's Stuff to Say set in Victorian Velvet DI.  The tiny tribud appliques and the hand dyed seam binding were from the Vintage Valentine's kit I had for sale earlier this month.  There's actually one kit left hanging around in my Etsy boutique.  Everything was glued securely down with Claudine Hellmuth's Multi Medium Matte.  If you haven't used this stuff, you should try it.  It is perfect for gluing down embellies as it dries clear with a MATTE finish - not a shiny one.  

Hope your weekend is off to a great start.  Be sure to stop by to see what the rest of our talented team is up to this week.  And give the sketch a try - it's easy and fun!


Challenges Entered:
Crazy4Challenges - Layer it On

LINKS FOR PRODUCTS USED FOR FOR THIS PROJECT:

19 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Linda, what a sweet, feminine card you have created. So many details to take in. Just lovely! Have. Gret weekend. Yvonne

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Linda
This may not have a scalloped edge, but it is still a beautiful card, you create such wonderful texture on your work, and I love the PP Bg and the little flowers on each square are delightful.
Smiles:)

Deb said...

Gorgeous creation Linda, love all that distressing and beautiful bow
Have a great weekend
Deb
xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

All of your products are just wonderful Linda! Most excellent idea on the torn edges. I think that looks better than the scallop, personally.
Beautiful card yet again. You are the queen of shabby chic, no doubt.

Hugs,
Lisa xx

Cindy said...

Very lovely! I especially like your colors and all the textures.

Dorte said...

Linda, your card is so sweet and lovely. So many beautiful details.
Enjoy your weekend.
Dorte,xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Linda, love the idea of the enamel effect on the filligree squares. Sue C x

May said...

STUNNING! card Linda, lovin the distressing Perfect, colours beautiful and detail fab, thank you for sharing, Hugs May x x x x

Leigh said...

I love this card...must get some of that multi medium matt. Just gorgeous what you've done to the embellishments etc.

Vicki Burdick said...

Totally gorgeous Linda!! Such vintage goodness, you always blow me away with your cards!!

Sharon Wheet said...

I was really curious to see what you created this week, as you ALWAYS do such beautiful work. And I wasn't' disappointed. I love how you tore your edge. And all the detail! LOVE IT!
enjoy the rest of your weekend, hugs, sharon w.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh so beautiful Linda I love, love those papers and the squares, that ribbon is awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anne Marie Hile said...

Linda, I don't know how you do it! You make this awesome shabby-style look so effortless and gorgeous, every time! Wow! Thank you so much for all of the inspiration you share! I always love your projects! :)

Tui Nathan said...

A fabulous interpretation of the sketch challenge Linda ... I love the wondeful textures, the distressing and all the stunning details! Beautiful in every way!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great idea to tear the edges for this sketch! I love the effect. And your stacked heart is gorgeous!

The Wired Angel said...

Always stunning, Linda. I love the distinctive style of your creations. Hugs, Peggy x

Irene said...

Hello Linda,

A fabulous card, I love the flower design paper and the distressing.
luv
irene
xxxx

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Linda, your card has such a beautiful charm to it. I love the big bow, and that sweet butterfly.

Thanks so much for a great year at Our Creative Corner!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gorgeous card! I love the torn edges and colors. Stunning.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com